Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 29

Celica Art Hostel

Ljubljana, Slovenia

We were only there for one night, and sort of stuck to ourselves, but it seems they have a lot of opportunities to be social at this hostel. The beds were not the most comfortable, but the rest of the facilities were great.

• 27th Jul 2015

Jazz Hostel & Apartments

Bled, Slovenia

This hostel is a short walk from the town of Bled, and also a short walk up to the castle. The staff is super friendly. I highly recommend a trip to Bled and a stay at Jazz Hostel.

• 24th Jul 2015

Simple Hostel

St Petersburg, Russia

It's a fairly small hostel, but the location is unbeatable. The staff were very helpful. One girl got up at 5:00 in the morning to help me get a taxi. Make sure you let them know if you'll be arriving early or late so they can be ready for you.

• 20th Jul 2015

Vagabond Hostel

Moscow, Russia

This hostel is great! The location is convenient to get to all of the main sights in Moscow - by foot or by metro. The staff are fantastic, friendly, and very helpful. They genuinely want all of their guests to have a good time. They also make coffees and breakfasts for the guests and help them meet each other, so it's good for a chill crowd.

• 16th Jul 2015

Wings Hostel

Kazan, Russia

The staff here were really friendly. The location is very convenient to access all the Kazan sights by foot. We stayed in a private twin share; it was spacious and comfortable. It did not have any windows, so it did get a bit stuffy. It was nice to not have the sun wake us up at 3:30 am though!

• 13th Jul 2015

Indie Hostel

Yekaterinburg, Russia

We arrived before our check in time, and we had to call to be let in because nobody was there. They were nice (and quick) about it; all guests be sure to let them know when you will be arriving to avoid this happening to you! The place is small, and quiet - only a few rooms, and most were unoccupied when we were there. Has a decent kitchen and bathroom. It would be great for a long term stay in Yekaterinburg.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for the feedback! Sorry you had to wait. Really, we meet in the time of arrival, please write an e-mail if coming sooner or later, so we can meet you! Come to Ekaterinburg!

Trans-Sib Hostel

Irkutsk, Russia

We only stayed for one night, but it was conveniently close to the train station. The room was nice. It was pretty quiet when we were there, but all of our needs were met. It had comfortable beds, a good shower, and we were able to walk to and from the train station, and around the city easily (also by tram). We had to leave very early in the morning, and this wasn't a problem with the staff.

• 8th Jul 2015

Sasha Guesthouse Listvjanka

Listvyanka, Russia

A great location on the shores of Lake Baikal! A very relaxing atmosphere. The guesthouse is beautiful and cozy. The Listvyanka Cafe also has a great feel to it. We very much enjoyed our stay.

• 6th Jul 2015

Golden Gobi

Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

The location is great, and the rooms are nice. They have complimentary breakfast. The staff was very helpful and hospitable to me. I organized a tour to Terelj National Park through Ogie, and it was fantastic - a very authentic, low key time with a nomadic family in a ger. I would highly recommend an experience like that. My only complaint would be that the hostel only has one shower that has hot water, and the others that are cold (and even though the hot one when it runs out) are really cold!

• 1st Jul 2015

Sunshine Bedz KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

The place was in a great location in Bukit Bintang. It is really clean. The staff were helpful, but not always super knowledgeable. The common area is a bit institutional, so not the best for meeting people, but if you already have travel buddies, this is a good home base.

• 20th Aug 2014

Ringos Foyer Guest House

Melaka, Malaysia

This hostel is very basic when it comes to the facilities, but it is kept clean, is in a good location, and the owner is an awesome host. I would recommend it for sure!

• 19th Aug 2014

River City Inn

Singapore, Singapore

The 26 bed dorm has a lot of beds crammed into a little space, but it works. it is actually nice that they turn off the air conditioning and open the windows during the day to get some fresh air in. It is a clean and quiet hostel, with a superb location right by Clarke Quay. It is within walking distance of a lot of attractions, the most beautiful parts of the city, and very close to the metro. If you just need a place to sleep in the heart of Singapore, this place does well for that.

• 16th Aug 2014

Tavern 47

Shangri-la, China

Jun, the owner, is really, really nice. He and his wife run the place; sometimes you may have to track them down to get help, but when you find them, they are very helpful with whatever you need. The yak burger (and other food) really is delicious. The hostel is small, but with a warm feeling and everything you need. Definitely recommend.

• 9th Jul 2014

Timeless Hostel

Lijiang, China

The staff are great at helping to plan buses, or trips to the Tiger Leaping Gorge. The location at the edge of the old town is PRIME. They will even come meet you at the old town gate to make sure you find the place. The lockers are huge, so I never worried about any of my stuff. It is clean, and has everything you need. I would definitely stay here again.

• 4th Jul 2014

The Lily Pad

Dali, China

The bathrooms in this place were immaculate. The staff are helpful; they helped me to get a bus ticket and even walked me to the stop to make sure I caught it all right. The location is close enough to walk to the old town or the mountain very easily.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Globetrotter

The facilities are nice, with a common area with a bar. The staff are helpful, but I often felt like I was second priority behind whatever administrative work they always were doing. The food was good, but service was sometimes a bit slow. They forgot about my breakfast one time, but then remembered and gave me a free banana for my troubles. If you are just looking for a clean place with a bed, and/or want to meet some people to travel to other places in Yunnan, this is a good starting point

• 29th Jun 2014

Comfort Hostel HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The location of this hostel is good, especially if you like to shop! There are multiple floors, and not a lot of common space, so for meeting people it's not great. It is not the grandest of places, but for a bed in a good neighbourhood, it's got the job done for a reasonable price (for HK).

• 2nd May 2014

Wada Hostel in Guilin

Guilin, China

The staff are really helpful with tips for getting around Guilin and Yangshuo. They can help you to arrange tours, or give you advice to get around on your own. The bar area is nice, and the food is good. The rooms are clean and have lockers. I would recommend this hostel, for sure.

• 28th Apr 2014

Grann's Hostel

Kuta, Indonesia

This is a really funky little hostel. The atmosphere is great. Within 5 minutes of being there, the staff had already introduced me to a bunch of other guests and made me feel really comfortable. They organize social events as well. I highly recommend the Lovina trip; it is really fun! Keep in mind Kuta is a party area, so if you like to party, this is a good area to be. Even if you are just on your way through, it is a good place to stay for a couple of nights. I would stay here again.

• 18th Feb 2014

Masada Backpacker

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

I didn't find this place to be very social at all, but to get a bed in a good location in KK, it was fine. The staff were helpful and good with everything they needed to be.

• 17th Feb 2014

Check Inn HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

This is the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in! They are constantly making sure everything is clean and tidy. It's a small hostel, with a small common area, but this makes it easy to meet other travelers. I would stay here again.

• 31st Dec 2013