Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 25

City Hostel Seattle

Seattle, USA

Good location near Asakusa line, and walk-able to the Ginza line. Hostel has a nice bar downstairs, and staff was very friendly. Showers and restrooms were nice and clean. Rooms were good as well.

Very nice stay. Hostel owners were very friendly and even drove us to an outdoor onsen. Location is very convenient and close to the station. Very well kept facilities. I do not believe there was a way to lock the door to the downstairs room Though this was not a big concern to me. I can see how it may bother some people though. No real complaints loved my stay here.

Only got to spend one night here. Rooms were nice and bed was comfy. Located close to the Asakusa line. Decently sized common room. Bathrooms smelled a bit funny. Unfortunately did not get much interaction with the owners or residents because of the short stay.

Guest House Pongyi

Kanazawa, Japan

Loved my stay here. The hostel owner was great, and all the staff was very friendly and helpful. We even got taken on a tour of the city on the "Pongyi Limo"! I do wish I had booked another day to stay in Kanazawa as having only one night, I felt pretty rushed to do all my sight seeing. Had a great time! One thing to note is that there is only one shower/restroom downstairs, so you may have to wait in line if you want to shower a more popular time.

Bonsai Guest House

Osaka, Japan

Seemed like a really fun place. Common room was very active. Unfortunately I was exhausted this day and passed out early. Showers, and such were nice and clean. No issues with the accommodation. Location was very conveniently located next to the station making it easy to get around.

Jam Hostel Kyoto Gion

Kyoto, Japan

Large lockers, nice clean facilities, and nice rooms. Sake bar was nice as well. Staff varied in helpfulness for finding stuff around the city, but overall everyone was nice. The hostel itself was nice, but did not have too much character.

Retrometro Backpackers

Tokyo, Japan

Excellent stay! Hostel had great character, staff was very friendly, and it was located very conveniently close to the Ginza subway line which made traveling very easy.

Staff was very nice and helpful. Location was great, with plenty of wonderful places to eat nearby. We rented bikes from a place nearby (we wanted road bikes) and the location was very easy to travel around from. Only downsides were that the rooms got a bit warm and night, and the mattress left me with more to be desired. Overall, good stay.