Laughing Kiwi Backpackers

Motueka, New Zealand

This place was a real treat to stay in. We ended up staying another night because we liked it so much. It is CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN. A nice big kitchen with plenty of dishes. The staff are very helpful and the fellow travelers were nice as well. Plenty of space to hang the laundry. Nice bathrooms and plenty of space to charge your computer/cell phone etc. Would totally stay here again - in a heartbeat. It is a short walk away from the market which is helpful.

Base Queenstown

Queenstown, New Zealand

I was glad to only stay here one night. The dorm we were in looked like a bunch of frat boys had moved in. Clothes and things just everywhere. One guy who had been there for a while commented on the 'smell' and how he was getting used to it. However, they did provide a decent free breakfast.

Bumbles Backpackers Queenstown

Queenstown, New Zealand

Fiona was a real help in booking our bungy jumping and jet boat trips. She also was very helpful in knowing about local places to eat and good shops to get specific things in - like electrical outlet converter plugs etc. I felt very safe in the dorm and the people who were there were friendly and nice. The kitchen was clean enough but would get crowded now and then. Not to worry though. The lounge was a nice place to relax and I did that a few times. Walkable distance from everything.

The Cambridge Hotel & Backpackers

Wellington, New Zealand

I LOVED the bathroom space. Very clean and large/open area. You have to 'rent' your dishes which I didn't know about until after I started cooking. You get your money back when you return the dishes. The staff were helpful. The location is good but I'd suggest parking the car in one spot and not moving it if you can. Just walk places. I also liked that you needed key cards to get into/out of the rooms. I would stay here again.

Stayed here 2 nights. The staff are very friendly. A small-ish kitchen but it did the trick. FREE computer/internet which was a real treat. Lockable lockers in the dorm room which was nice. Plenty of bathrooms and hot water. Lots of space to dry out your clothes too. The other folk staying there were friendly and nice. I would stay here again.

Thanks Linda for staying i9n lantana lodge. Hope to see you again.