Fish Tank Lodge

Kaikoura, New Zealand

Great hostel in a perfect location for activities in Kaikoura. Beds were clean and the owner was very friendly. Very cool murals in the kitchen and lounge give it awesome character. Closest hostel to the beach and great walks. Under new recent management so look for additional upgrades coming.

Nomads Fat Camel Hostel

Auckland, New Zealand

Good location, bathrooms were clean but the room was a little dirty(may have been long term resident in my room). Reception was friendly but cleaning crew was not. Great that you get a free meal everyday but would have enjoyed more cleanliness, bigger kitchen, and cleaner fridge.

Hi Jon, Thanks for rating the hostel and I apologise for the messyness in your room. I agree with you that sometimes long termers do become messy but we should have been monitoring this more closely. As and all hostels now have to use work for accom staff for cleaning standards and quality can vary a bit and I am sure you would find our current team much more friendly along with a great supervisor. Happy travels

Bamboo Beach

Nadi, Fiji

Amazing hostel. My girlfriend and I stayed here on 2 different occasions while in Nadi. Loved everything about it, great community feel, amazing staff, great activities during the day and help with planning adventures. Cheap tasty breakfast, and amazing dinners including lovo (if you go to fiji don't miss out on this dinner)!!!! Don't miss out on staying at bamboo either!