Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 18

Cool & Bed

Lyon, France

The Cool & Bed hostel in Lyon was perfect for a backpacker. The facilities were some of the best I saw in 2 months of travel around Europe. Every bunk has its own power outlet, reading lamp, small shelf, and locker. The lockers were very large and sturdy (big enough to fit my whole pack). There were multiple bathrooms, each with clean showers, toilets, and sinks. This hostel also offered a simple continental breakfast, wifi, and a free-to-use desktop computer. I recommend this hostel!

Our stay at the Regent Hostel was fairly decent. The receptionist that helped us during check-in was very kind, upgrading us from our 6 bed dorm to a 4 bed dorm at no extra charge. The room and bathroom were both fairly clean (minus the messy Australian backpackers who stayed with us for a few nights). The free breakfast was a traditional, small French breakfast (coffee, OJ, croissants, bread, jam). The hostel's location was okay...being that it was located close to Gare du Nord and the metro.

The Walrus Hostel

This hostel is perfect for anyone who wants to meet people in a safe and fun environment. There are two security codes you need to enter your dorm via the front door, making this hostel one of the safest I've stayed at. The location is also amazing, only a stone's throw from the Westminster Bridge, from which you can see Big Ben and the London Eye! Overall, this hostel is definitely worth staying at. And the pub downstairs was a definite bonus!

Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge

Marrakech, Morocco

This hostel is perfect for anyone ages 18-30 years old (or anyone who can get along with people those ages). Marrakech Rouge has a very lively, eccentric atmosphere which always leads to having fun with new friends.