Ost-Apotheke Hostel

Leipzig, Germany

I only stayed one night because I was traveling further so I don´t have an opinion about everything but I do know the owner was very nice. The hostel doesn´t look nice on the inside but don´t let that deceive you as it looks great on the inside. There where not that many people there but it was on a Monday and the hostel opened only recently. The people that I met where nice though. The only downside the hostel has is that there is some noice from a tramline during the night.

Macondo Hostel

San Gil, Colombia

Very good location and friendly staff. They are willing to help with everything. You can also book all the activities and buses through the hostel. I found the Tuesday tejo night especially nice. All in all its a good hostel with a relaxed atmosphere.

The Dreamer Hostel

Santa Marta, Colombia

Very nice hostel, one of the best I've been to in South-America. Not in the last place thanks to the very helpfull staff. The location is a little bit out of the center of Santa Marta, but it's easy to get to Tayrona and Taganga from there. Also there is a huge shopping mall with supermarket close. It's a great place to relax and to meet people.

Good spacious hostel. I spent my time in 3 different dorms (I had to change everytime I extended my stay because the room was fully booked), but all were spacious with big lockers. The staff are nice and helpfull as well. All in all there is a relaxed vibe, but there is not too much going on. It is good if you want to see the "real" Lima and not stay in Miraflores.

Amazing Hostel Arequipa

Arequipa, Peru

Very friendly and nice staff. They took time to explain everything and to answer questions. The hostel is located in a good location, just a few blocks from the main square. The breakfast particularly was great, I'm gonna make those pancakes with banana when I get back home!

The hostel was good, though a little bit out of the center and uphill. The place itself was a little bit dark and the furniture looked a little bit like at my grandparents' house (couch covered in plastic). The owners where really friendly however, pancakes for breakfast were good and not too expensive tours can be booked from the hostel.

Loki Backpackers La Paz

La Paz, Bolivia

Nice hostel with great bar and restaurant. I like the fact that things are organized in the bar. But if you would like to sleep, that is possible as well. From what I have seen, the parties might be better at Wild Rover.

Gringo's Rincon Hostel

Sucre, Bolivia

Very good hostel with nice owner. Everything is clean and showers are hot. Great location as well! Only thing I missed was a good common area, although there is a nice rooftop terrace.

Casona Potosi Hostal

Potosi, Bolivia

Good hostel in a good location. The biggest downside to me was that it seemed that the owner cared more about money than the welll-being of the guests.

Very good hostel with friendly English-speaking staff, located near the old center of Asuncion.

Mango Tree Hostel Bar

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

Really nice hostel, whith exceptionally friendly staff. It's real close to the bus station. There were a lot of nice people. Sergio baked very nice 700g humps of meat on the parilla. I had a great stay, the waterfalls are also awesome!

Morada Hostel

Cordoba, Argentina

It was an okay hostel but there were not a lot of people when I was there. The staff was quite nice and tried to arrange activities for me, which were unfortunately not possible due to heavy rainfall. There was a lot of noise on Saturday until late, but I slept well using earplugs.

Viejo Lobo

Cabo Polonio, Uruguay

Good hostel. The town is of course a great location. The guy that runs it was really nice and told me the best spots in town. And I did not have to pay for one night i reserved but missed due to transportation problems. Downside is that it is a bit small and has little facilities. But it's cozy and you don't have to be inside when the wheather is nice.

Lime House Youth Hostel

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Not expensive, great location and a nice building. The staff was helpfull but not extremely kind and the bathrooms were a bit dirty. Also I didn't feel the people in the hostel really connected. But it was good value for money.