MEININGER London Hyde Park

Great location and good-sized, clean room. But it's the most I've ever paid for a hostel and it really isn't worth the price. The ensuite bathroom and shower are tiny - it's like an airplane bathroom. I've stayed at other hostels in London that are more personable, with great, free breakfasts and better facilities.

Hi there, Many thanks for you rating and your comment! Indeed, our bathrooms are quite small, that gives us the chance to make our rooms more spacious. It is as well quite expensive when travelling on a special date, such as the champions league final in May. We would be really happy to welcome you another time, when rates are lower to show you a good value for money :) Take care! Your Meininger Team.

Vagabonds

Belfast, Northern Ireland

Excellent hostel. Quirky and unique. The rooms were big enough and I appreciated the private bathrooms and showers on each floor of the building. One negative might be the very small size of the lockers in the room, but it's not that big of a deal. Great breakfast selection. Met the owner in the morning at breakfast and he's totally friendly and easy-going.

Way Hostel

Madrid, Spain

GREAT hostel! Perfect location, staff was super friendly, helpful and easy-going. Free churros for breakfast, dinner options every day at the hostel and friendly atmosphere. I switched to this hostel from a more "up-scale" hostel that was a bit more expensive in Madrid , and honestly, I liked Way Hostel better. Fresh fruit and veg market around the corner as well as grocery store. I'd go back!

U Hostels

Madrid, Spain

Probably the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in-VERY comfortable beds! Loved the charging stations each bed had. The negative thing I would say about this hostel is that some of the staff is pretty snooty-I was turned off fast by the attitude of some of the staff (not all). Doesn't have the homey, friendly atmosphere that some hostels have-but maybe that's what makes a "luxury" hostel. It was perfect though for the night before running the Madrid Marathon. For the right price, I'd go back.

Granada Inn Backpackers

Granada, Spain

This was a really nice hostel - but as some have said, more hotel like than hostel. There isn't a lot of character, but I didn't mind that at all. The facilities were all super clean, nice rooms, really nice bathrooms, great open courtyard with lots of seating areas. The staff was all SO nice and helpful. The only drawback was the small kitchen-it got crowded at night with people cooing and eating. They have a really nice, big breakfast in the morning-juice, milk, toast, cereal, fruit, yogurt.

Sevilla Hostel One Centro

Seville, Spain

Loved this hostel! Great location, wonderful staff and beautiful city!! The rooms were very clean and had private bathrooms. I had to check out the night before because I was leaving the next morning earlier than the office would be open and Ariel offered to let me switch to a private room to the night (no extra charge) so I could have a good night's rest. Awesome! I would definitely stay here again!

Purple Nest Hostel Valencia

Valencia, Spain

This was an excellent hostel. Really close to metro and Jardin del Turia on one side (3 minutes walk!) and all of the main tourist attractions. They seemed to be constantly cleaning and all of the staff was super helpful, friendly and welcoming. Lots of activities, free breakfast. I would stay again!

Hostal Atlanta

Palma de Mallorca, Spain

This place was perfect for me! Because of some other bookings, I ended up being switched to a private room without an additional fee! All bathrooms and showers are single and private-not stalls. Staff is SUPER friendly (Olly and Tim!) and helpful. Wifi is great, free towels. Location 30 min outside Palma, but the bus is meters from the hostel and only costs 1.10 Euro. Close to a market and the beach is BEAUTIFUL! I would totally return here and recommend it. Super low-key hostel!

Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea

Excellent hostel! Great staff, really helpful. Clean rooms, free towels, lockers to put your stuff in (bring your own padlock). Free juice and drinks downstairs 24/7. Free, big breakfast spread in the morning-they will even cook you eggs! Located right along the Thames, it´s 10 minutes walk to Pimlico station, and about a 15 minute walk along the river to Parliament. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to a friend!

Coogee Beach House

Sydney, Australia

I love LOVED this place. It was clean, the rooms were big, there were actually enough outlets to plug in my electronics, places to hang clothes, lots of clean, private bathrooms (not stalls in a dorm-style hostel), good price and most of all, it is literally around the corner from the beach. A lot of the people staying here are a little more long-term and it's not a party place, so it's quieter and easy-going. I would go back here to stay (and want to!) in an instant!

Chateau Franz Backpackers

Franz Josef, New Zealand

This place was good enough. The room was average size (5 bed dorm). Liked that there was a good sized common room with lots of seating and big tables with lots of seating in the eating area. The kitchen was also good sized. The kitchen though was pretty dirty. The other hostelers didn't seem to clean up after themselves very well, but the whole place seemed like it needed to be maintained by staff better. Otherwise, I liked the feel of the place - the style actually reflecting that of a chateau.

Sequoia Lodge Backpackers

Picton, New Zealand

This place is within easy walking distance of the Interislander Ferry. The 6 bed dorm I stayed in wasn't the biggest, but there was still plenty of room. Could've used some more places to charge electronics - but I was able to do that in the common area. Lots of seating inside and outside. Big kitchen with plenty of room for lots of people to cook. Get in line right at 8pm on chocolate pudding night or you'll miss your chance! People were very friendly and social. I would stay here again!

Crank Backpackers

Rotorua, New Zealand

This place was great! The location is perfect (basically right next to the Polynesian Spa) and the staff is great and knowledgeable. There was sooo much space in the 10 bed dorm and I appreciate that. Plenty of places to charge electronics. Nice seating area outside and inside as well as hot tub (though I didn't use it). My friend left her mobile phone and charger here and they found it and kept it at the front desk until we could go back to get it. Would stay here again!