Uncomfortable beds with no bed sheets provided. One fan for a twenty bed dorm that was increased to two fans on the second night. cleanliness of the toilet and shower facilities was poor. One hot shower for the entire hostel. This place is crying out for investment and there are much better options such as Borneo Sandakan Backpackers where I stayed on my return to Sandakan before flying out of Borneo.

Hi We are sorry for not being so prepared to host you then, but we have improved alot by now. Hope to have a chance to host you again some day. Nabistul

Borneo Global Backpackers

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

A hostel that is certainly below average. Cleanliness is poor and the hostel appears very run down. Bathrooms are in a poor state of repair. Dorms are very basic, one power point between 6 beds is insufficient. No towels or even bed sheets are provided. Lockers are available but cost 10RM. The hostel is located in what appears to be an industrial area a good 30-40 minute walk from the sea front where most restaurants and bars are. Avoid...Masada Backpackers is infinitely better than this place.

should stay in a hotel, and do not compare other hostel name in our review. Its a backpackers, what do you expect

Threehouse Bed and Breakfast

Kuching, Malaysia

A nice cozy and well run hostel. Unfortunately the dormitory beds are quite uncomfortable and the pillows provided are about two inches thick at most. The beds in the double room I also stayed in were an improvement. I would recommend staying here as the staff are excellent, the location is good and the relaxed atmosphere is exactly what one wants in a city such as Kuching.

Masada Backpacker

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

Comfortable hostel with a good atmosphere. Air conditioned dorms were comfortable and good pillows and duvets were provided. Hostel was clean with good pressure and hot showers. Staff helpful and friendly. Would recommend.

Very well run hostel, very clean with great facilities. Beds are comfortable, bathrooms well maintained and clean. Staff friendly and helpful. The hostel is a significant destination for backpackers and is very lively with nightly drinks promotions and activities. I would recommend this place despite it being a little more pricey than its local competitors.

Hue Backpackers Hostel

Hue, Vietnam

Good hostel, decent facilities. Fairly comfortable dorms with mostly well maintain bathrooms. Good bar downstairs with decent quality food and drinks all be it a little expensive. Would recommend overall.

Sunflower Hotel Hoi An

Hoi An, Vietnam

I came here because I was told this is where the party is, and it is! Quite expensive by Comparison to other places I stayed in Vietnam but I enjoyed my stay nonetheless. Cleanliness and access to toilet/shower was decent and the beds were comfortable enough. I would recommend a stay here.

MNL Boutique Hostel

Manila, Philippines

Second visit, just as good. Excellent hostel!

Frendz Resort Boracay

Boracay Island, Philippines

I had high hopes for the best hostel in the Philippines for three years in a row, there must have been a rapid deterioration at Frendz or the standards were much, much lower in 2011. The atmosphere is good however with lots of young travellers enjoying music in the bar. The accommodations leave a lot to be desired.

Sorry to hear that our place was not up to your standards. We are a simple place with a native style set up. So if somebody expects a fancy set up, our place is not the right one. However, we strongly disagree with your statement that there was deterioration in our place since 2011. Actually every year we do make improvements based on customer feedback. So here is a selection of a few improvements we made since then: 1) upgrade of water system /quality (water for shower has now actually drinking quality) 2) additional shower/cr for dorm section 3) designated beach area with beach chairs 4) 2nd night-guard, instead of only one 5) new water heater for private rooms. Anyway thanks for your feedback and happy travels!

MNL Boutique Hostel

Manila, Philippines

A new hostel that I would expect still to be ironing out the finer details, you wouldn't have thought so though. Fantastically well organised, staff are some of the best I have had the please to meet. You are instantly made to feel welcome and encouraged to participate in nights out and the fun happening in and around the hostel. Beds are very comfortable and the entire hostel is kept very clean. Great place, I recommend it very highly indeed.

HI Mid Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

The staff are very friendly and more than willing to help out, such as trying to hail is a taxi at rush hour for 15 minutes.. The room are clean and spacious and have everything that you need, the en suite bathroom was equally as clean with a good quality shower and modern fittings. The only negative view i took was that due to the nature of the windows/shutters it is very difficult to keep out road noise, not an issue for me but was for my light sleeping girlfriend. Overall would recommend.