Jazz on the Park-Hostel

New York, USA

When I arrived there were two separate people complaining about different issues which didn't help. I asked the reception for the WiFi password which he said I didn't need one, though you did.When I get to the room, it's dark and dingy and my bed looks like the sheets haven't been changed. Bearing in mind, I am 5`3, I couldn't even sit up straight and there was a rug next to me that smelt of recent sick. Bathrooms=like a school, peeling paint etc but ok. Wouldn't go back.

• 15th May 2013

Hostel on 3rd

San Diego, USA

Staff are really friendly.The location is pretty good as its in the gas lamp district and is a bit set off the main area so it's not as loud. Breakfast is included which is pancakes and syrup but that's about it. Coffee is included and tea but they had no tea bags. Rooms are clean and the place has many bathrooms. The main downside is the common room area is separated from everything. Most are long term staying so not good for short term tourists, wanting to make friends or by themselves.

• 28th Apr 2013

Oak Hostel

Tokyo, Japan

Good for couples but not great for solo travellers. With no proper common room, it was hard to meet people. My roommates were first three 60 year old Chinese women. I am mid 20s and English. After they left, there was no-one in my room except me. So I didn't meet anyone really and spent my time in Tokyo by myself. The staff were great though, really friendly and their sushi party was pretty cool.

• 12th Apr 2013