Civic Guest House Backpackers Hostel

Townsville, Australia

I stayed here for 1 night as a stopover and it was brilliant! Nice and quiet little hostel. The owners are so friendly and welcoming, and nothing is a bother for them. The hostel itself is very clean and having free wifi is brilliant! It's so good, that on my way back through townsville, I had no hesitation to stay here again, this time for 3 nights! Absolutely brilliant hostel, and deserves fully the great reputation it has. I would highly recommend it.

• 29th Jul 2013
  • Scotland

Very disappointed with this hostel. The rooms are so small, and dont feel very clean, the beds are not comfortable, our bathroom was fairly unclean. I would not stay here again, and I would not recommend it.

Hi Gregor, Thank you for taking your time and leaving us some feedback. Whether it’s positive or negative comments we always appreciate guests letting us know what they think. We have a great housekeeping team and we always strive to please all of our guests, but unfortunately your room was not up to our usual high standard. After check out every morning we clean all of our dorm rooms, including the ensuite bathrooms. Safe travels, The Crew at Base Brisbane Uptown : )

Nomads Byron Bay

Byron Bay, Australia

Brilliant hostel in a great location! There is always something happening, so you are never bored! The staff were amazing too!

• 6th Apr 2013

Sleeping Inn Backpackers

Surfers Paradise, Australia

I loved this hostel! I would recommend it to anyone! 100% want to stay there again!

• 5th Apr 2013
  • Scotland

Hi Gregor Thank you very much for your lovely review. Its so great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We wish you all the best for the rest of your travels. The Sleeping Inn Team

Brisbane Backpackers Resort

Brisbane, Australia

Hostel was really good! Special deals on drinks at the bar were excellent! My only problem was we booked a private twin room, but we got a double room - as I was with my cousin this was quite awkward, so one of us has to sleep on the bunk beds in the room with a bed sheet as a duvet! Also the milk in the room (for the tea and coffee) was rotten! So check the milk before you use it! Other than that, it was great! I would stay there again 100%

Hey Gregor, thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. The twin room is set out exactly the same exept one of you were able to have a double bed instead of a single. I'm sorry you didnt get a blanket at check in, however we do have them readily available and would have happily given you one if we had known. With regards with the milk, it is UHT long life milk and we've since checked all the dates and the best before is 6/6/13. We would love you to come back and stay with us again, so if you do just send us an email and we will look after you. Thanks, BBR team :)

Blue Tongue Backpackers

Brisbane, Australia

It wasn't too bad a hostel, I've stayed in better, but I've also stayed in worse. Staff were friendly and helpful, although there seemed to be no atmosphere about the place. I would stay again, if I had to

• 17th Mar 2013

Gap Year Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Stayed there for 1 night and I have no complaints at all! Good wee hostel for a short stay!

• 15th Mar 2013