Hostel Paradiso, Granada, Nicaragua
5th Dec 2014

The setting is amazing, which is overlooking the lagoon. There was nothing more peacefull than sitting back with a smoothie in front of the lagoon listening to the waves break particularly on a full moon night. Staff were courteous and helpful. Hostel facilities and layout were very nice. Only issue was having to pay cash at the end and thus having to watch your spending throughout your stay. Aside from that, overall experience was very pleasant.

Hostal El Momento, Granada, Nicaragua
3rd Dec 2014

Staff was very accommodating and helpful. You can tell they care. Very nice facilities. Nice mattress. Good storage. Very nice layout. Only issue was bathroom floor was not clean. Maybe I went between cleaning cycles. It was not a major issue. I should have told the staff. So just an opportunity for improvement not a criticism. Overall very nice convenient comfy hostel in great location with nice and helpful staff.

Yogi's Hostel, Ometepe Island, Nicaragua
1st Dec 2014

Staff was very nice and accommodating. Hostel was clean and had a nice layout and was not far from the main strip. Room was warm but bed was comfy and the fan helped. I recommend.

Hostel Esperanza, San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua
29th Nov 2014

This hostel has a very nice layout and excellent location. My only qualm was the atmosphere as other guests seemed reserved and kept to themselves, so not really a social hostel. While not entirely the hostel´s fault, activities could be arranged to encourage socializing such as card or board games or local tours or bar and pub crawls. As others may have mentioned, this place has incredible potential.

Blue Trailz Hostel & Surf Camp, Tamarindo, Costa Rica
27th Nov 2014

Excellent atmosphere and staff. One member, tall and blond but whose name I don´t recall, was incredibly helpful and friendly. Also, it was very easy to meet and socialize with people. When our AC did not work, we were allowed to switch rooms. Rooms were small but still comfortable. Hostel is located almost next to the beach. Because of staff and atmosphere one of the best hostels I have stayed in.

Arenal Hostel Resort, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
7.1
24th Nov 2014

One concern I had was almost being charged $10 for a rented towel that according to the staff member had stains on it, which clearly was not because of me. I lost my bank card the day before and made him aware of it. Yet he was willing to charge me while not being certain of my culpability and knowing I had no way to withdraw money. Also, the garbage bin should be emptied more frequently as toilet paper accumulated quickly making it unsanitary.

In&basic Hostel Lounge, San Jose, Costa Rica
22nd Nov 2014

Great location. A bit of a walk from central area but in a nice and quiet neighborhood setting near mall and nice restaurants and shops. The owner was very nice. Place was super clean. Only issue was not getting pizza although sign said pizza served daily and I was told they were serving it at night. Aside from that, this was a very nice place to stay with a warm and accommodating staff that cared about cleanliness and catering to clients.

Thank you for your comments; however I must tell you (to all of our customers) that our Pizzeria is open at nights as an extra service; that you must order and pay for been served. Our breakfast is included in the price, not dinner or whatsoever. All the best for you! Keep onb travelling!

HI San Diego - Point Loma, San Diego, USA
24th May 2013

This is a very nice and clean hostel. It also has a ping pong table and I got to play with a couple of people. The atmosphere is very relaxed and easy going, not a party hostel. It was refreshing to see a mix of people that included young, old and families. The location is great especially if you have a car. It is in a very quiet area but is within easy driving distance to downtown and other major sites. I would stay again.

• Guatemala, Male, 31-40
La Coperacha, Guatemala City, Guatemala
6th Apr 2013

I'd say this was one of my favorite hostels and by far my favorite in Guatemala. The design inside the dwelling was very unique in that it has an open roof in the center. What I liked most however was the international appeal and character of the guests and of the host. This was far different from a party hostel. While you had guests of all ages and cultures, everyone was unique, the atmosphere was gregarious, and the conversations interesting. About a half hour walk from downtown.

Villa Esthela, Antigua, Guatemala
29th Mar 2013

I very much enjoyed my stay. Danielle was extremely helpful and went out of her way on several occasions to assist me. I love the rooftop area where you can lounge on a hammock and enjoy the view. The hostel is within a gated area in a nice and quiet area so it felt pretty safe. It is also not too far a walk to the main area.