This is a very nice and clean hostel. It also has a ping pong table and I got to play with a couple of people. The atmosphere is very relaxed and easy going, not a party hostel. It was refreshing to see a mix of people that included young, old and families. The location is great especially if you have a car. It is in a very quiet area but is within easy driving distance to downtown and other major sites. I would stay again.

La Coperacha

Guatemala City, Guatemala

I'd say this was one of my favorite hostels and by far my favorite in Guatemala. The design inside the dwelling was very unique in that it has an open roof in the center. What I liked most however was the international appeal and character of the guests and of the host. This was far different from a party hostel. While you had guests of all ages and cultures, everyone was unique, the atmosphere was gregarious, and the conversations interesting. About a half hour walk from downtown.

• 6th Apr 2013
  • Guatemala

Villa Esthela

Antigua, Guatemala

I very much enjoyed my stay. Danielle was extremely helpful and went out of her way on several occasions to assist me. I love the rooftop area where you can lounge on a hammock and enjoy the view. The hostel is within a gated area in a nice and quiet area so it felt pretty safe. It is also not too far a walk to the main area.