Albergue Vila Carioca Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

the hostel was good but the staff was very good they are very helpful and freindly...... all of them francisco, juan, paula, cinthia, guliana, clareace and regany. and the owners also are very good. the hostel also is clean and good.

Stand Fast Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

the owner and is her daughter are not friendly. they always put the music very loud at 7 and this is unnegotiable with them. the staff are helpful. the food sometimes missing from the refrigerator even it is tagged.

I was truly surprised with this review especially after you constantly extended your stay with us, for more than 20 days! I am sorry that you didn't find the us friendly but each is entitled to their own opinion; however we did always say hi, ask about your day, and tried to include you in the social situations that occurred in the hostel. We do put music on at 19:00 PM, and leave the TV on for sports and other big events, in an attempt to unite all the guests to get to know each-other, socialize, and tell stories of their travels, as I explained to you that if you wanted a more quiet space to watch TV, there is one available on the 3rd floor. In regards to the food missing in the refrigerator, unfortunately there is no way we can police the guest fridge.