Spire Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

I was here for Paddys day and it was REALLY over priced. It was also kind of a weird atmosphere, there were a lot of people that working/living at the hostel permanently and they weren't particularly friendly. No lockers in the rooms, but I didn't feel like anything would be stolen because everyone had cell phones left everywhere. It's a good location to O Connell's St, about 10minutes to temple bar. I think maybe it was just the atmosphere that was a bit off, not recommended for solo travelers.

Thank you for your review! Everyone is free to book a bed or not and the price concerned was there as the same for other place and you chose us, it was your decision only! Our property doesn't have lockers in the rooms which is normal but they are located at reception. The reason you have seen smart/mobile phones all over the place is because our hostel has friendly atmosphere as mentioned by most of reviews and also is a secure hostel. We also have only three volunteers as work exchange.

Flying Pig Downtown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

This was a good hostel, good location if you want to be near Dam Square. I'd recommend for solo or groups. Easy atmosphere.

Instant Groove! Party Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

STAY HERE. This hostel is life changing! Honestly the staff here are some of the best people in the world. You feel like you're at home the minute you walk in. They take you sight seeing, feed you pizza and share their pa'linka (hungarian tequila). Two brothers own it (23, 24 YO) and their totally wild and it's WONDERFUL. Great for solo & groups, I first got to the hostel at 2pm with blaring techno and dancing. The hostel is on top of one of the biggest club in Budapest. I'll be back soon!

Well the location is about as good as it gets and it was very clean. The hostel is massive though, and not ideal for solo travelers. I was upgraded (free of charge) to the female dorms, and maybe because of this, I didn't meet as many people as I would have. However, if you're two or a group, this place is great! Overall a good stay.

St Christopher's Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

There are a couple people that are at reception that are kind of rude, but most of the staff is excellent. Location couldn't be better. Great for solo travellers. I stupidly left a pair of shorts and panties in the shower (twice) and both times no cleaner brought them to the desk, which makes me wonder what the cleaners do with the dirty panties though...

Brussels Hostel Grand Place

Brussels, Belgium

The location is amazing and it's a great place to meet people, especially for solo travellers. The facilities are brand new and great, and the cleaning staff is excellent! It's kind of annoying you have to check in somewhere else and that no one is there to help (I didn't have sheets on my bed so I had to walk the whole back to the reception) I recommend it though.

It's an old building, so the facilities aren't great but definitely acceptable. The location is within the old city, but about 15-20 minutes walk from the center. My iPad was stolen because the security is pretty poor. However, the staff is GREAT and the atmosphere is awesome! Great for solo travellers. They organise awesome things like free tours, beer tasting, and pub crawls (Caitlin's great!) and it's a much better crowd than the closer-to-the-center-Charlie rockets, I'd recommend it!

HI Europa Brugge

Bruges, Belgium

The hostel isn't anywhere near the city center and reminds me more if summer camp than a hostel, the place is huge and there is a cafeteria. The staff is small and dull and doesn't really interact with you. There are a lot of people there but it's not a good atmosphere, wouldn't recommend for solo travellers.

St Christopher's at The Winston

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The location is excellent, right near the train station and the red light district. The staff is good and it's a great place to meet people, but the downstairs room dot have privacy curtains or enough power outlets. Breakfast was good, checkout is a bit early, at 10

Thanks for bringing to our attention the issues about the curtains and power plugs. Will make sure that's all fixed up for your next visit ; ) By the way, it's only the free breakfast that ends at 10am, check out is actually 11am

Tekweni Backpackers Hostel

Durban, South Africa

It's loud, dirty and sloppy, but very charming. It's great for solo travelers, maybe not so great for groups. It's very dirty, but the staff is fantastic and alot of fun, and there is no excuse to not have a great time. Try getting an upstairs bedroom - they are way cleaner and the bathrooms are much nice, FANTASTIC location.

All good but the dirty part. Did you really have to keep saying that? Difficult sometimes being a festive hostel but we thought we had a handle on it. Ok, we will chase that up some more. Thanks for the great review however. We can see you are a fan and hope to see you back at some point.

Jollyboys Backpackers

Livingstone, Zambia

Jollyboys has a great vibe, but it's mostly only because of the travelers. Some of the staff is really great, but some of them are the opposite plus incompetent. The showers are disgusting - I showered with three spiders and their meals each time, and they do have regular power outrageous, and the Internet doesn't work frequently (even though you have to pay quite a bit for it). The kitchens food isn't really great, but I hear it used to be. The pool and lounge areas are awesome though.

Long Street Backpackers

Cape Town, South Africa

The staff are all really great. There is a huge kitchen and balcony that overlooks Longstreet, plus a nice sized courtyard. The rooms are small and have only one outlet for charging electronics, the bathroom is not super exceptional either. You have to request blankets, that are huge wool things that clearly they can't wash. But it's a great place to meet people and its in a great location. I did stay at another hostel on long street though, which was alot cheaper and was was alot nicer.