Rosa's Hotel

San Ignacio, Belize

Nice hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are basic with no wardrobe, hooks or hangers for your clothes. We had a spare bed in our room and put all our stuff on it, giving a very untidy look to the room. But for just a few days it wasn't a big deal. The other negative point is the street noise and music that comes from close clubs and bars. I would reccomend ear plugs. I have used them the second nght and slept much better. I liked the terrace where the breakfast was served.

• 13th Feb 2013

Basic rooms and full of ants. But that was ok for us. It was so cheap. We stayed in a double private room. If you can adapt to a simple way of livng and shower with cold water, then you are fine with this hostel. The place need some maintenance. The nicest part was the bar where we were able to relax and have nice drinks. The beach is 2 minutes walk from the back of the hostel. The owners were very reserved and sometimes in bad mood and i didn't feel comfortable asking when I needed to.

• 10th Feb 2013

I am quite sad to read your comments and I do not understand how you came to feel this way, I remember the day of your arrival as I was the person who checked you in, and I also remember offering you our assistance, help and information as we do for all out guests for every check in to make sure everyone’s stay is pleasant, however we did not hear a single mention of your various discomforts… Concerning the ants, for sure there are ants, we live in a tropical climate and there are plenty of insects in this neck of the woods, particularly if you have un sealed food of any kind, this is not a pest controlled environment and even it was so, in the most developed countries you are quite likely to find a spider in your room one day. If the bugs were so unpleasant for you, we would have done the most to make things better for you, but there was no mention of it to either of us or any the 4 staff who work on the property. I also read that you believe he hostel was in need of maintenance: Any business need maintenance, particularly when you arrive in a business that is in its early days, and still developing at times which was the case during your stay as the new kitchen was in under construction. Concerning the basic rooms and the cold water: I have myself that did not have functioning hot water however the price matched the name, cold water in commonplace in Belize unless you pay the price, you can not to expect to have the same comfort as a hotel when the price is 20.00 USD for the room, We run a back packers hostel and out wish is to accommodate people who are on the road and who are on a budget and offer them the best possible amenities, (free wifi, guest kitchen, hammocks, music, atmosphere, information desk, food and drinks at backpackers prices, lockers, laundry, guest fridges, comfortable seating, new bathrooms, gated security +more) I remember clearly serving you at the bar several times, and I never felt the slightest reservation that you mentioned, you did not show any signs of being or feeling uncomfortable. To the contrary, at check out when we asked you if everything was pleasant during your stay, you replied yes. I do not remember being in a bad mood what so ever, but just over worked with long days, as there are only 2 of us and we run the front desk, serve at the bar, handle the whole back office whilst building a kitchen and we do the best we can that you have everything you need from 6am till midnight every day. Some days we have more work to do than on other days, if this came across as grumpiness or a bad mood it is not the case. How can you say we were in a bad mood when we served you with a smile? A staff member who is in a hurry is because there is a lot of work to do and nothing to do with our mood… In the mean while I hope that the rest of your journey is pleasant and that we will continue here welcoming our guests with a smile and helping the travellers travel the world