Copa Fun Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
7.7
8th Aug 2013

This hostel is pretty average all around. We were stuck in a very small dorm room. It was meant for 6 people and there was only 2 of us and still it was terribly squishy. Breakfast was pretty good. Location was all right but too far if you want to go anywhere other than copa. Staff was very friendly. Wouldn't stay here again.

Biergarten Hostel, Ilha Grande, Brazil
2nd Aug 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here! Staff was very friendly, helpful, and welcoming. Facilities were always clean. The buffet is great! Recommended.

Motter Home Curitiba Hostel, Curitiba, Brazil
25th Jul 2013

I had a brief but enjoyable stay here. Facilities are good, breakfast is great and its within walking distance to all necessities. Would stay again.

Tucano House Backpackers B&B, Florianopolis, Brazil
21st Jul 2013

Absolutely loved this hostel! I have traveled to 6 other countries in South America and this is definitely my favourite so far. It's a beautiful house with comfortable beds and hot showers. The staff is so friendly and helpful and the dinners they make for guests are AMAZING and very reasonably priced. Location is good, close to a Main Street but in a quiet neighbourhood and within walking distance to a few beaches. Stay here!!

Porto Alegre Boutique Hostel, Porto Alegre, Brazil
7.7
20th Jul 2013

This hostel was nice but nothing special. The decor was new and modern but that is all that stood out for me. There is no oven in the kitchen and only two burners (one with a broken handle) so you always had to wait to use the burner. If I came back to Porto Alegre I would stay closer to downtown but it was within walking distance from the bus station which is nice if coming in and going out by bus.

Pocitos Hostel, Montevideo, Uruguay
18th Jul 2013

Love love love this hostel! Staff is super friendly and helpful. The location is really good, close to a grocery store, a couple good restaurants, and bus stops. The hostel is small and cozy. I loved the wood burning fire place. Clean bathrooms, dorms, and great breakfast. Wish I could have stayed longer!

Hostel Suites Florida, Buenos Aires, Argentina
7.1
15th Jul 2013

I liked the location of this hostel in downtown Buenos Aires, close to public transportation and lots of shopping but not many good restaurants. The facilities were good. However, their administration is terribly unorganized. They got my reservation details wrong upon check in and even after I fixed that with them they called me down two days later and told me I was supposed to check out that day even though I wasn't and told me I hadn't paid for my room even though I had. Really poor.

Hostal Tuyasto, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
4th Jul 2013

Hostel Tuyasto was a good hostel but nothing special. It is located farther away from the downtown centre than most of the other hostels in town, althought it's still only about a 7 minute walk. Facilities were good but had some downsides: the hottest the water got was luke warm and the wifi cut in and out a lot.

Quechuas Backpackers, Puno, Peru
25th Jun 2013

I liked this hostel. The breakfast is amazing compared to other hostels in Peru (buns, jam, butter, ham, avocado, fruit, juices, yogurt). The showers have hot water and the facilities are up to date and clean. The location is great, about 2 blocks from the downtown strip. Definitely recommended.

Milhouse Hostel Cusco, Cusco, Peru
24th Jun 2013

I really liked Milhouse backpackers. The showers were hot, the breakfast was good, and the food ordered from the kitchen was delicious. Staff was excellent and let us change rooms to a room with wifi when ours couldn't pick it up. I recommend staying here.

19th Jun 2013

Excellent location, close to shopping centres, the main plaza, and many good restaurants. Facilities were good but no hot water. Wifi only works well in the lobby or sitting by the pool. I enjoyed my stay and would stay again.

Paracas Backpackers House, Paracas, Peru
14th Jun 2013

This was a nice hostel and probably the best choice for Paracas. It is located within walking distance to the bus station and very close to the beach and restaurants. They upgraded us to a private room which was nice but also tells you that they overbooked the dorm. If it was busy season I think we would have been out of a room. Staff was very helpful with all questions.

In&basic Hostel Lounge, San Jose, Costa Rica
10th Jun 2013

Loved this hostel! The staff was fabulous. They truly cared about my stay and my well being. Fabulous facilities and I felt very safe there. Highly recommended!!

Camino Verde Hostel and B&B, Monteverde, Costa Rica
9th Jun 2013

This B & B was great value for money. The facilities were great and the staff was excellent in organizing my stay. The breakfast was very good. They even had free calls to the US and Canada, such a nice bonus. Highly recommended.

Blue Trailz Hostel & Surf Camp, Tamarindo, Costa Rica
8th Jun 2013

Blue Trailz was a good hostel. The location was perfect, just across the street from the beach and close to lots of restaurants and shops. The actual facilities were just average. It's more of a party hostel so if you just want a good nights sleep I wouldn't stay here, but lots of fun for partying and getting to know people.

Arenal Hostel Resort, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
4th Jun 2013

The resort is beautiful, it has a great atmosphere, it's clean, and there is air conditioning and hot water! What more could you ask for. Some of the staff really went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. They organized rides, tours and activities, and even cooked for us one night (free of charge!). However, some of the other staff were not so kind or helpful. All in all, a highly recommended hostel.

Kaya's Place, Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica
8.0
2nd Jun 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Kaya's Place. I loved the environment and the room I stayed in was nice and clean. My only complaint is their credit machine wasn't working, which forced me to pay in cash. Also be aware that the hostel is about a 7 minute walk out of town, making it more dangerous to walk back at night.

Hostel Urbano, San Jose, Costa Rica
18th May 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Hostel Urbano. It's in a great location, just across the street from a supermarket which is great for cooking dinner. The beds were very comfortable and the staff were excellent. When I didn't have the right change for a lock they lent it to me for no charge and they helped arrange for my transportation from San Jose the next day. Would definately stay again!

Thank you for your comment!! We are glad you enjoyed your stay! We are located on the university district which is a really lively area and we are close to lots of bars and restaurants. Hope you can come stay with us some other time!!!