West Lily Hotel

Yangshuo, China

Hotel was in a good location; not too close to the noisiest streets but within walking distance. HOWEVER, the second night we stayed there was horrible. None of us got any sleep. People slamming doors, on the phone, shouting in the streets, then what sounded like a delivery of chickens who then got thrown about. Horrible. Staff were helpful but it was all a bit odd as the whole family seemed to live in the front reception area.

• 29th Apr 2013

Guilin Riverside Hostel

Guilin, China

Very friendly and helpful staff. Great to have food and drinks available. A cute little terrace overlooking the river. Near enough to the main city. Huge rooms, well kept. Highluy recommended.

• 28th Apr 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed staying here. I think it was my favourite accommodation in all my travels through Thailand and Malaysia. Carson, the owner's son was in charge of the place while we were there and he couldn't have been more attentive. He was friendly, helpful and enthusiastic. The garden balcony/relaxing area is lovely, great view and very chilled out. There was always fresh bread, cake and fruit available for guests. The guesthouse is located near to everything. Thank you Riverview!

• 12th Feb 2013