Caledonian Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

This hostel definitely has a lot of character. I'd read earlier reviews about the showers not being very private but when I stayed there it looked like they'd improved it. Still not really anywhere to change. The wifi was great all over the hostel, very fast. My only complaint was that the staff wasn't very helpful when it came to touristy things to do. They didn't seem very knowledgable of the area and were pretty passive and seemed irritated. All my hostel mates were really nice though!

• 28th Feb 2013

Abbey Court

Dublin, Ireland

I can only say good things about this hostel. The second I got there the staff was EXTREMELY helpful. Every employee was so knowledgable of transportation, activities, etc. and willing to organize everything for you if needed. They really went above and beyond. The rooms are pretty simple but very clean and comfortable. The location is unbeatable, just off temple bar so its quite but still close to everything. I had a great stay here and would go back in a heartbeat.

• 24th Feb 2013

St Christopher's Village

I was only there for 2 nights in a 8 bed mixed dorm. If you're looking for your basics, this is great especially for the 20 pounds a night I paid, it was cheap for London. The wi-fi doesn't work in the rooms and the breakfast is really basic and generic but if you are just looking for a place to sleep and a shower it is more than okay. It was clean and the beds were definitely comfortable.

• 22nd Feb 2013

Thanks very much for your reply. We always love to hear how we can improve our hostel from past guests. I believe our wifi was under maintenance during your stay and we apologize for the inconvenience. Connection is better however thanks to this upgrade, so next time you visit you'll get super fast unlimited access to the web. As for breakfast, we hope you didn't miss out on our guest deal outside the free breakfast. We have guest specials such as eggs, bacon, sausages, and baps for under 2 pounds plus 25% off food on our menu all day and all night. ! Hope to see you again soon. Cheers!