• USA, Couple, 25-30
Generator Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden
14th Aug 2016

I've traveled around the world in hostels and this is by far the best I've stayed in. Great social atmosphere, very clean, safe and staff are super friendly. Tack!!

Christina!!! Loving the review!!! We are honored bud :-) We are definitely sending you a whole bunch of #GENlove right now!!! Stoked to see you loved everything that we have to offer and we can't wait to welcome you back! Ciao! Brent Front Office Manager

Urban Garden Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
13th Aug 2013

Best hostel I've stayed at, perfect for people like me traveling alone, easy o meet new friends with the fun activities they have at night an 1euro pasta dinners every night. Lots of fun people working there, fun atmosphere. Suggestion: on activities board write a list so people can go together if they want, for Sintra, beach, and other day trips. Muito obrigada!

Rising Cock Party Hostel, Lagos, Portugal
4.6
11th Aug 2013

Worst hostel experience I've ever ha in all of my travels. I specifically went to Lagos jut because of the ravings I saw on the Internet about the Risig Cock hostel, yet I was extremely disappointed. I'm traveling alone an this hostel did nothing to help bring the hostel together, through night pub crawls or any other day/night activities. None of my roommates spoke a word to me and I felt extremely lonely in my time there. I heard the International Backpackers hostel was much better.

Flying Pig Uptown, Amsterdam, Netherlands
6.6
8th Aug 2013

For someone traveling alone this hostel was horrible. I was disappointed because online it said this was a party hostel, yet the hostel did nothing to unite people like other better hostels I've been to have. Should organize events during the day/night so that people can meet each other. It was the only hostel in over 30 I've been to where I didn't meet one person, and I'm extremely outgoing and friendly. Left me VERY disappointed :(

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
6.9
18th Jun 2013

The blonde guy was abnoxious, took forever to give speeches on buying club tickets when we were hungry and wanted to eat. Rosa was extremely rude, lockers were broken. They cleaned 4 times a day, threw away my things and put our luggage on top of bottom beds! Rosari was horrible!Mean, rude to guests, almost threw my clothes away. The Guatemala woman w/ a golden tooth was amazing, worked hard and so nice, I loved her.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
Buena Onda Hostel, Roatan, Honduras
15th Apr 2013

Sofi was an awesome! Niko estuvo un poco coquetón con algunas, and Jackie necesita darse cuenta de que estamos en un hostal de jóvenes, y tiene que respetar eso y no estar siempre vigilándonos y tratándonos como su fuéramos bebes. A cada rato nos decía cosas, y trató de ser bien dictadora, que no me gusto. Gracias, Sofí, por todo, eres la mejor y espero verte en el futoro, con su hijita!!! :) I really enjoyed Buena Onda, and there is hot water in the showers, just turn it to the left. Un beso!

7.4
30th Mar 2013

The guy from Serbia who works there was creepy. The facilities were clean, location was great! Just not much of a common kitchen area so it wasn't as easy to meet people who weren't from your room. Waikiki Beachside hostel was a lot more of a hostel experience for that, with planned gatherings. It would have been nice if there were spme Planned events or even options for renting beach gear. The beach is a block away and Diamond Head is very close, tons of shopping and grocery stores closeby.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
Downtown Washington Hostel, Washington DC, USA
7.4
21st Mar 2013

The owner, AJ, comment many times that he is the owner, like dictator. This annoy me much and he was sarcastic. Also the staff wears shoes but not allow us to wear shoes. Staff not friendly and did not create a fun hostel atmosphere. Spaghetti dinner on Sun was good, and pancakes for breakfast good too. Liked the clean sheets and fresh towels and washing machine. Saw cockroach while eating dinner near kitchen table window. Not a fun atmosphere, seem very strict.