Reviews: jkitching

• Canada, Male, 18-24
Apple Hostels of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, USA
8.0
25th Apr 2013

Despite being a seriously expensive hostel, these guys are in a good location, are extremely friendly and helpful, and put on some great events to meet people (i.e. unlimited alcohol). Tim is great fun, and took us around to a few local bars one night for one of the events.

• jkitching
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
HI Chamounix Mansion, Philadelphia, USA
5.4
24th Apr 2013

I felt like this hostel was a little deceiving after I got there regarding its location -- it took over an hour to get there by bus from downtown through some slightly shady areas of Philly, plus the one-mile walk (although that part is made clear). The man who checked me in was not terribly friendly and warm, and he made me wait a while for a group checking in when I just wanted to use a bike. Not necessarily a young crowd at this hostel. The "breakfast" consisted of cook-your-own pancakes.