Location: Germany, Gender: Male, Age: 29

Ohrid, Macedonia

Stayed for two nights. Staff is fantastic. Gyoko went out of his way to help his guests. Very social place, too. Would definitely stay again and recommend to everyone.

Green Garden Hostel

Shkoder, Albania

Green Garden is fantastic. We stayed for two nights and Mikel & Iden were wonderful hosts in their recently opened hostel. We picked fresh fruits from the garden, had great local dinner together in the affiliated restaurant nearby and I was even able to leave my car there while we were hiking up north in the mountains. Place has a very social vibe. It's close to the center too (nice 5 minute ride with the free bicycles provided and you don't wanna stay directly in the center anyways). Go there!

Mostar Downtown Hostel

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

We had a wonderful, although very brief, stay in Mostar. Downtown Hostel is brand new and caters perfectly to the needs of backpackers. There's free Wifi, aircon, a modern communal kitchen, a beautiful small garden and outside area and the hostel helps with organizing tours, day trips and transport. Very friendly and helpful staff/owners. Recommend this place to everyone looking for a decent budget option very close to Stari Most and the old town of Mostar.

Dahab Dorms

Dahab, Egypt

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Red Sea Relax Resort. The friendly and helpful people working here made it a very pleasant experience. The staff, especially Osama, assisted with everything: travel arrangements, tour and activity booking, helpful tips on what to do and where to eat. Perfect! Adjacent dive center is great value for money, too and staying at the dorms is free when diving. Plus, access to a gym and a very good breakfast included. Come here despite any travel alerts - you'll love it.

I really liked staying here, because the place is home to a very laid-back and special atmosphere. Great rooftop lounge area. Staff are amazing and very helpful - it's hard to not like the people working there. I'll come back for sure on my next visit to Tel Aviv!

Big Apple Hostel & Hotel

Istanbul, Turkey

Very pleasant stay during my 4 days in Istanbul. One of the best hostels I've stayed in so far. Staff is incredibly friendly and service outstanding. Couldn't ask for a better breakfast either - perfect way to start your day in this exciting city. Very central location, super clean and safe and a great vibe amongst guests. Stay here when in Istanbul - you'll love it.

Bayu Mantra

Lovina, Indonesia

The bungalows are situated in a quite nice garden. They were spotlessly clean and the open air bathroom was definitely another plus. The owner organized scooters for us which were in very good condition. Moreover he organized fairly cheap diving and snorkeling trips. The breakfast was also good and the staff very kind. The only downside is that it's located in Anturan which means that you have to take a ojec if you want to go out for a drink in the nearby city. We'd definitely come back!

Sunshine Bedz KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I'd definitely return to this hostel. The welcome was warm, the beds were comfy and the atmosphere was very communicative. Patrick recommended a pub and after we told the staff that he had send us, we even got discount in the drinks. When we came back we spent the rest of the night on the rooftop having a few drinks enjoying KL from above. Breakfast was sufficient hostel breakfast as well.

The InnCrowd Backpackers Hostel 2

Singapore, Singapore

The main door is 24h locked while the dorm rooms don't lock at all. Small lockers for each bed are located in the hallway. They offer a laundry service which was fairly expensive but also fast. The bathrooms are cleaned once a day around noon. This is definitely not often enough because approx 50 people are sharing 4 showers and 3 toilets on 1st floor. They offer a free scooter tour which is fun. Double rooms are waste of money. These are dorms which are occupied by only two persons then.

Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

The staff was not very friendly and rather uninterested. When we were spending money on the roof at night they were suddenly quick, attentive and quite friendly. The breakfast was poor 20 mins before the official ending. The staff was chatting, not paying attention and not refilling anything. We booked a double room and got a private room with one bunk bed. This was alright because the mattresses are pretty wide and comfy. The room overall was tiny. Bathroom facilities were alright.