• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
6.6
14th Aug 2016

Amazing location, but mixed experience. The staff were not very friendly or conversational. They overbooked on our first night and had to share a bed - they discounted it, but I was annoyed because I booked 2+ weeks in advance. Bathrooms were really gross, especially the water- I think it's just salt water!! Linens were clean. Rooms have A/C= huge plus. The private rooms are a steal for the price. The other hostel in SP has nicer rooms but is far from the center of town and the beach.

HI Holandes, Ilha Grande, Brazil
4th Jul 2013

Really enjoyed staying here, and Ilha Grande is amazing. Our room was very clean and breakfast was great. Our room was too far from the front desk to get a wi-fi signal but it gave me an excuse to hang out in the hammocks. The town of Abraao is tiny so the location of the hostel is just fine. This is a great value for money compared to other Brazilian hostels I have stayed in.

Uvaia Hostel, Sao Paulo, Brazil
29th May 2013

Awesome hostel! The workers are friendly, helpful, and super relaxed. We only stayed 1 night on a weekday, so there were only a few other guests, but with excellent atmosphere. Everything was very clean and cozy. Breakfast was good with fresh suco de limão. Walk to Ibirapuera Park, the metro, and there seems to be a good amount of restaurants nearby. This was my first stay in São Paulo, but compared to experiences in other cities I would definitely recommend this hostel.

Pousada Caravelas, Guarapari, Brazil
7.7
24th Feb 2013

This pousada is actually in Meaipe, quite a bit away from the main area of Guarapari. I was a bit surprised when we ended up in a little teeny town with only a few paved streets. However, it was the most relaxing 2 days of my 11 day trip along the coast! The beach is a bay inlet (no waves), 5 min walk to the hostel, and great food nearby. The owner of the pousada is a very chill and accomodating old guy who is always shirtless. Breakfast could have been better, but everything else was fine.