YHA Manchester

Manchester, England

Its the second time I have stayed there, it is a good hostel, has everything you want - location, security, clean. As with all YHA hostels though, pay for wifi and lacking power points in the female dorms. YHA, girls use hair dryers and straighteners, not shavers - so how about you change the sockets over and while your at it put in a couple more so there is not 4 people trying to charge all their devices from 1 or 2 sockets that are hidden away behind the bunks.

YHA Bath

Bath, England

I had a very relaxing stay here. The staff were helpful when I needed them to be, the beds are tiny (like kids size) but comfy enough. The kitchen was good, but the fridge small. Had to pay for wifi as per normal with YHA hostels and I think that if I have to pay for it, it should be available in the dorm, not just in the common areas. The showers have lots of hot water but the shower heads/water pressure is terrible. Lack of power points was also annoying in the dorm. I was there for 7 nites

Inverness Student Hostel

Inverness, Scotland

I didnt get to stay here, ended up staying on in Edinburgh.

YHA Manchester

Manchester, England

Main things I want in a hostel were covered - location, cleanliness & security. Staff were helpful & friendly, but it lacked the personal environment that makes a hostel warm & welcoming. The YHA is so big & run like a hotel that it cannot provide that. This is also the 1st hostel where I have had to pay for wifi - 9 quid/7 days. The bed & pillow were clean but hard. Liquid hand soap in the ensuite, & more powerpoints are required. Its a female dorm, a shaver outlet is pointless.

Hospedaria São Filipe

Faro, Portugal

It is a good place to stay, just not a hostel, so no common room, no kitchen etc. But the advantage is your own bathroom. It is a 10 min walk to the main shopping centre and food court, I can recommend the Hamburgeroloy there - really delicious food cooked fresh. It is also less than a 10 min walk to the bus and train station, marina and old town square and only about 4km from the airport. Room 1 can be rather noisy with traffic noise. The rooms are snug but functional. Staff are helpful.

Goodmorning Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

This is the best hostel I have stayed in so far. The layout of the common room and kitchen was inviting and encouraged people to mingle. The beds were great, my own light, power point and shelf and the staff were the most wonderful helpful lovely friendly staff ever. It was also the best hostel experience I have had for meeting people. I would always stay at Good Morning if I were in Lisboa. And fresh cooked waffles for breakfast everyday...and its a free breakfast as well, wonderful - loved all

Sevilla Hostel One Centro

Seville, Spain

Hostel One was wonderful. Adel and Melina make it what it is, a great place to stay with great atmosphere. The location is great, and breakfast is a sensational value at 1.60 euro. If you stay anywhere else you are missing out. Adel and Melina go out of their way to make sure everyone is having a good time and mingling together and at the end of their shift they take you out in Seville and make sure everyone is enjoying themselves. It was the best hostel I have stayed in so far in 9 weeks.

Albareda Youthhostel

Barcelona, Spain

If you like a party hostel, this is the one for you as management encourage loud music and parting after 10pm. If you like to sleep at night, try another place. The location was great and the most endearing feature for me with this hostel.

Great hostel - the staff were super helpful and friendly, you get a free breakfast and the location is central and easy walking to everything. Everything was very clean. If you are not looking for a party house, this is the one to go to. Would def stay again.

Yoho was great, way more good than things that were not quite as good as they could have been. If you like to cook your own b/fast before 11am, you will have to find another plan. The staff are on 24hours so when you find your key no longer opens your door, at least it is a quick fix, the same when you find the loo paper has run out, But it is super clean, modern, has a bar and is right in town & close to the train station which makes it a great place to stay - & the staff are wonderful!

hi there. thanks for the great feedback. save travells

Miss Sophie's

Prague, Czech Republic

This was only the second hostel I have stayed in but it was super clean and modern, the staff were very helpful and the breakfast delicious and was very generous so no other food was required for the rest of the day really. If ever I am in Prague I will stay again with Miss Sophie. I stayed in the female dorm.

Lollis Homestay

Dresden, Germany

This was the first hostel I have ever stayed in so I have nothing to compare it with. The staff were good and helpful, although I did stand there for 10mins while two staff did a handover and neither of them acknowledged me in anyway, eventually I had to ask if 'this was a bad time..?" they told me to come back after they had finished the handover....but that was the only gripe I have really. If you dont eat salami and cheese for breakfast then you will be better off going to a cafe. Pretty good