Reviews: carocontiki

Location: New Zealand, Gender: Female, Age: 27

Astor Victoria

Really liked this hostel, one of the best ones I've stayed in in London (I've tried about 5 this year in London alone lol!) only thing I could say is wifi needs to be stronger - couldn't get it in room 16 which is close to reception. Also, brekkie is a bit basic and could be displayed a bit better - didn't know if coffee/tea was included but couldn't find it! Would def stay here again for it's location alone.

Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea

Was a bit tough walking here from Victoria station with a suitcase but I was welcomed very warmly by staff and shown to my room which was a nice touch. Having the discounts in the pub and restaurant was great so I didn't have to go searching as I arrived around dinner time and the rooms were lovely and clean (a pity about the guy snoring like a tractor all night!)... breakfast was the best I've ever had in a hostel - pancakes/omelettes and smoothies! Awesome!

Barnacles Temple Bar House

Dublin, Ireland

Everything about my stay was good except the wifi didn't work in our rooms which meant having to go to the dining area or freezing cold common room to use the wifi. Staff were very friendly too!

Vagabonds

Belfast, Northern Ireland

Amazing hostel! We stayed here for two nights and the staff were so friendly! Out of all the hostels in Ireland I've stayed in, this one was my fave! Brekkie was awesome too :-)

Derry City Independent Hostel

Derry, Northern Ireland

Fantastic hostel! So homely - Steve, the owner, was very friendly and the brekkie was awesome - homemade fresh bread and eggs if you're lucky! So different to all the other hostels I've stayed in but probably because this isn't a franchise hostel. Would def come back to this hostel if ever I were in Derry again!

Neptunes Town Hostel

Killarney, Ireland

Good location - just off the main drag of Killarney - FABULOUS staff (really friendly!) and clean rooms and bathrooms. Brekkie is everything you need - toast and cereal.

Generator Hostel Dublin

Dublin, Ireland

Loved it but the wifi really sucked... sometimes it wouldn't work and other times it was just painfully slow...

The only thing I can fault these guys for is not having an elevator so I didn't have to lug my heavy suitcase (full with souvenirs from Europe ;-) ) up the stairs. But seriously, its a great hostel, on the Central line so so convenient to get to all of Londons attractions. I've never been let down by a St Christopher's yet! :-)

Hi So sorry we don't have an elevator, but so glad we didn't disappoint in anything else. Hope you come stay again soon. Happy travels. Regards Hostel team

Picked it coz it was so close to Victoria coach station but it's quite an old building with no elevator so sucks for people (like me) with suitcases having to lug that upstairs, balance it at the top of the stairs as you key in the code a few times coz it doesn't work the first time and then lug it up a few more flights. Dorms were clean though so that's a bonus!

Patio Hostel

Bratislava, Slovakia

I had a late flight the next day so it was good that they let me store my luggage for free and also use the facilities the whole day. Staff were very friendly and everything was clean. Just wasn't too impressed with Bratislava itself but that's not the hostels fault! :-)

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Great staff, great rooms, great location and the restaurant connected to it does great jambalaya! Would stay here again if I ever find myself in Berlin

The first hostel I stayed at this year and after A LOT of hostels since then, I just keep comparing them to Gare du Nord. I truly LOVED this hostel - the beds have curtains, 2 power sockets, a light AND USB charging and the under bed lockers are great too. Brekkie is amazing and the staff are fab! Will def stay here again when I'm next in Paris - I keep telling all the other hostels I stay at to be more like these guys! :-)

Booked this for the last night of Oktoberfest in a mixed dorm and was quite shocked to find I was the only girl in a full 8 bed mixed dorm room. Of course, I expected guys to be in there but didn't feel that safe being the ONLY girl... I did see - during the day - quite a few girls checking in so I'm sure they could have made it a bit more even.