El Viajero Cartagena Hostel

Cartagena, Colombia

Everything you want in a hostel. Really cool lay out, rooms are spread out around a courtyard. You can sit outside your dorm and meet people. Helpful staff, fast wifi and great overall facilities. No hot water in the showers which in Cartagena's heat is brilliant, best shower I've had in a hostel! AC in every room is a lifesaver! Close to everything. Highly recommend!

La Pinta

Bogota, Colombia

Super hostel. Fast wifi, great showers and a nice bar where meeting people was easy. Ill be back when I fly out of Bogota in 2 weeks had a great stay!

Great stay. Really fun and friendly staff. Great five a side football organised. Nice bar with decent grub. Super location. Only negative the WiFi and and internet were rubbish as was breakfast! Recommend staying here!

Large party hostel. At times it felt like a bar with a hostel, not a hostel with a bar. Everything here revolves around partying. Great which if like me you wanted to party hard. Probably best avoided if you want a quieter experience. On-site travel company very unhelpful. I wanted to book a tour and they could barley give me any info, ended up using a company in the square. Staff were brilliant. Decent food at the bar.

More like a guest house than a hostel. Seems a place to stay if your looking for a quiet time. Stayed in a private room, very clean and comfortable. Staff very helpful booked tours and bus to Cusco for me.

Brilliant hostel. Small enough you get to know a lot of people, large enough to have a really lively party. Staff were excellent and the hostel very secure. Rooms are very comfortable and the hostel is very clean. WiFi was a bit rubbish and the on-site travel company weren't great. Highly recommend!!

Arica Unite

Arica, Chile

Nice hostel. I arrived at 7am, most hostels make you wait till check in time to get to you room, but here I was able to go straight to bed, brilliant as I was shattered. French owner is really nice and helpful. Location by the beach is excellent.

Backpacker's Suites & Bar

Salta, Argentina

So so hostel. It is really clean, with nice rooms. Really good location, short walk to main plaza. Each room has only one key and you need a key to get into your room, so if you get home late at night you have to wake people to get into your room. Common area is not very receptive for meeting people. Didn't like the staff, rude and unhelpful.

Residencial Noelia Hostel

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

Hated this hostel. As a solo traveller there was no proper common area so meeting people was difficult. Stayed in a 6 person dorm ensuite. The bathroom was disgusting, the smell was over powering. It was cleaned evry day but the smell remained!! The bathroom just off the reception was even worse. Out of the 4-5 staff I seen, only one young guy was pleasant and he seemed to do all the work, the rest looked like you were disturbing them! Pool area was nice and the brekkie ok! Wouldn't stay again

Babilonia Hostel

Cordoba, Argentina

Nice hostel. Well located with helpful staff. I booked in for 3 nights, on my first night I changed my travel plans and left at 4 pm on my second day. I didn't ask for a refund for the 3 night as I reckoned it was my decison to leave early and I hadn't given enough notice to cancel. Despite this the owner handed me 80 pesos as I was leaving, to refund the third night. I dont think a lot of hostels would give a refund without being asked. Classy touch I thought!

Hola! Gracias por tu crítica, esperamos tenerte en otra ocasión! Saludos! Julián

Pocitos Hostel

Montevideo, Uruguay

Really enjoyed this hostel. Staff were brilliant, made me feel right at home. At first the location didn't seem great, the city centre was a good distance away. But once settled the location was the best part. ther'es a beautiful beach beach less than 5 minutes from the hostel. A regular bus runs from nearby so getting into town isn't a problem. For those that like a stroll you can follow the beach straight into the old town. Takes over an hour but its worth it!

Hostel Estoril

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Initially I stayed for 4 nights, then due to a late arrival from Uruguay I needed to stay another night. When I arrived the second time the hostel had no booking for me even though I'd made the booking in person in the hostel 2 days previous! Luckily the hostel still had free beds, otherwise I'd have been homeless!! While there's nothing I can complain about I didn't enjoy my stay. I cant put my finger on why. The staff weren't friendly and there was no real atmosphere. PCs were fast!