Abercorn House Hostel, London, England
9th Apr 2013

Had been here before so I knew pretty much what to expect. However, we got a free upgrade from a double room with a shared bathroom to a room with an ensuite! I was very happy they didn't just tell me they had no more available of the type I had booked - I feel it shows good customer service. All the staff was friendlier in general than my first visit, it seemed.

Minto Guest House, Edinburgh, Scotland
2nd Apr 2013

The building was beautiful and felt very welcoming. We immediately felt at home and also enjoyed the closeness to a great selection of restaurants and sights on the High street. The owner was incredibly friendly and helped us out in a number of ways. And one can never deny the convenience of free breakfast before a busy day! Overall a wonderful place to stay and well worth a visit.

Abercorn House Hostel, London, England
8.0
20th Mar 2013

Hallway and bathroom were very very cold, prepare to wear two pairs of socks! Also the handle on the cabinet was broken - room 121. But mini fridge and cutlery/dishes provided were very nice. Overall location very convenient - being close to the Tube stop with all its amenities (it's a shopping center with grocery store, fast food, etc) is invaluable.