Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 25

Ganbara Hostel

Bilbao, Spain

Fantastic time here at this hostel! Really made our stay in Bilbao fantastic. Everyone was super helpful and kind. They even spoke Spanish with me, as I am studying in Spain this year! (And believe me, that takes some patience.) Will definitely be sending more visitors their way!

• 1st May 2014

Gallery Hostel Porto

Porto, Portugal

I have stayed at more than 30 hostels in the past year, and this one was the best yet. Seriously, I can't even believe that this place exists. The staff was incredible and the tours were fantastic. The breakfast had anything you could ever want, and the dinners blew me away. I even had the chance to enjoy the amazing cinema on a rainy afternoon. Will definitely be back!

Home Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Such an amazing hostel! Mama is a wonderful woman who makes some delicious food! Seriously, I felt right at home.

Honestly have no complaints for this hostel! Staff was very friendly and helpful, the family dinners were amazing, and the location is really great!

360 Hostel Centro

Madrid, Spain

Overall a great hostel. Only issue was the distance of the bathrooms from some of the rooms. I would definitely return in the future!

Rodamon Barcelona Centre

Barcelona, Spain

Great hostel overall. Amazing breakfast and patio. My problem was there was no hot water while I stayed and the bathrooms were always a mess and completely flooded from the showers.

La Flor de Gaudi Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Great hostel! Such friendly people and so clean. Breakfast was delicious. Flamenco night on Sundays is amazing!

• 14th Sep 2013
  • Globetrotter

Loved everything about my stay! Really relaxing if you want a break from the crazy party hostel, though we did go out almost every night! The staff was awesome, especially Maria!! Would definitely recommend. I'm even trying to come back next month!

Tailor's Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

It will be a great hostel one day, but when I stayed the staff seemed really lackadaisical and disorganized, there was no ac, the terrace wasn't open, there was construction every morning, the internet never worked, and the bathrooms were pretty filthy. Some of the staff members were great, but unfortunately they didn't make up for the building itself being completely terrible.

• 8th Aug 2013
  • Globetrotter

Very new and clean hostel. The kitchen is amazing. Has everything you'd ever need. Great bar with good prices on food and drink. Thought the staff was fantastic. Thanks so much to the guy who suggested the local German restaurant and yoga studio to me!! Would recommend and come back. Only problems I had was paying to use the computer, paying for sheets, and how ENORMOUS the hostel was. Still, awesome location, proximity to the metro, and outdoor area made up for it.

• 21st Jul 2013

Clown and Bard

Prague, Czech Republic

Had a decent stay our first night, but then we were moved to a room on the 5th or 6th floor. What a walk! Atmosphere is kind of dark and ominous. If you don't like smoke, DO NOT BOOK. Beds were generally uncomfortable. I have stayed in much better hostels in Prague. Staff was pretty great, as was the breakfast. For the money though, it wasn't bad.

• 18th Jul 2013

X Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

Loved everything about this hostel except for the lack of AC and room keys. Breakfast, bar, location, staff, and atmosphere were spot on. Would definitely stay here again!!

Saban Pension

Olympos, Turkey

LOVED this pension. The family that runs it is just amazing. Incredibly friendly and inviting. Bed was comfy in the dorms, and the hammocks and seating areas were perfect for relaxing. However, the BEST aspect of this pension is definitely the food. You get breakfast AND dinner, which are both amazing. Turkish breakfast and omelet bar in the morning, amazing mix of salad, pasta, soup, meat in the evening. Great location too. Thanks so much for a great stay, Saban!

Amazing hostel. Great breakfast. Wonderful staff. Outdoor area is perfect. Wonderful location in Cappadocia. I extended my trip by two nights. Would definitely stay here every time I visit, and I WILL be back!

Cheers Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Istanbul Harmony Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Great hostel with great people and staff. Breakfast was fantastic. Only issue was the insane amount of stairs and the busted lift. Great way to stay in shape while eating your turkish fill! Shout out to Mahmood and Alaska. Showed me an awesome time!

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

I have almost no complaints about this hostel! It's a really big hostel though, so depending on your preferences, it could be a bit overwhelming. Loved everything about it, including the groove room complete with an enormous vinyl collection and player. Amazing views and staff. Only issue I had was the distance from my room to the toilet. Kinda far, but close for most other rooms. Definitely not a reason to miss out on this beautiful place.

Royal Mile Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Very cozy, warm hostel. Staff is friendly and caring, and gives excellent advice!

Durty Nellys Inn

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The bar IS the community area, which was fine by me. Decent hostel for a great price.

Granada Inn Backpackers

Granada, Spain

We had the most excellent experience with this hostel! The staff was warm and friendly, especially Rebecca, who pointed us in the direction of some amazing tapas and was always up for a good joke! The rooms were just lovely, and the common area was extremely open and inviting. Breakfast was mouthwatering and the best I have had at any hostel. Our only complaint was that we didn't get to spend as much time there as we would have liked to. Next time, we'll be planning a much longer stay!

• 21st Feb 2013
  • South Africa

Sevilla Hostel One Centro

Seville, Spain

Loved the advice everyone had to offer. Ariel and Malena were so helpful in our stay! Atmosphere was great. Loved the rooms, but my room on the second floor, second room to the left after you pass the stairs, had a broken air conditioning system. Only produced cold air and we had some chilly nights. That didn't change how much I loved my stay though! Just wanted to bring it to your attention. Will definitely be back next time we visit.