Houseboat Ripple

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Our one-night stay at Ripple was overall pleasant. The room was perfectly clean and cosy. The owner, Sally-Anne is a welcoming and hospitable host which is lovely. Even though the houseboat itself is situated in a quiet location, we could not sleep well due to constant noise from behind our wall caused by some running engine (probably the houseboatĀ“s boiler).

• 5th Apr 2013
  • Czech Republic

Hi. Due to the unseasonal cold weather I left the heating on .... Guests could have requested it to be turned off. As with all boats there is also a bilge pump which goes off occasionally when emptying the waste water tanks .... Nothing I can do about that sorry! It is a houseboat, walls are thin, and it does have peculiarities versus a normal house / hotel - having said all that guests always say they sleep well here (normally) which I put down to the gentle rocking, sound of seagulls, and clean fresh linen on the beds.

Amsterdam Hostel Leidseplein

Amsterdam, Netherlands

We liked the hospitality of the staff. The hostel is well located for tourists. The only inconvenience was mould on walls and window frames (room 12) and that the room smell of fish

• 21st Mar 2013