Hotel - Landgasthof Rebstock, Freiburg, Germany
25th Mar 2013

Very pretty, sweet place. Great food, really helpful staff. Willing to pick you up and drop you off from the train station. Nothing else to see (not even a corner market) in Bottingen though, so be prepared to take the train a good distance to see the sights. I stayed in very early spring though, the countryside is probably more of a draw without the snow flurries!

Hotel Georgia, Heraklion, Greece
12th Mar 2013

Not an ideal location for me, too much in the tourist district, which is nearly abandoned in the spring. The water heater also seemed to be in the wall near my bed, and woke me up several times. BUT, other than these two things, I could not imagine a more lovely stay in Iraklio. The breakfast was tasty, the room pleasant and very clean, and the staff (a family) were more than I could have even hoped for. I got a pickup from the ferry, and a scooter ride to the countryside also! Just lovely.

Metropolis Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
5th Mar 2013

Wonderful staff, excellent location, good affordable food. A perfect home base for my Istabul adventure! I would definitely book again.