Hostel Taormina

Taormina, Italy

Hostel was clean all day long. The staff was incredibly friendly. The location could NOT be any better. And they even have a balcony/terrace that you can spend time on and it has an absolutely stunning view. The wifi could be improved to reach all over the hostel and I wish there was free breakfast! But it was still a really great stay.

• 28th Apr 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Booked a private 2 person room. We walk to the hostel (at least 15-20 minute walk from Sorrento's center) and we arrive at the hostel. They ended up giving us a cabin with a kitchen, 3 beds (one being full size), a private bathroom, a porch with chairs and table, etc. The cabin itself was also pretty deep into the hostel camp ground. We loved it only because (1) it was raining so we couldn't go anywhere anyways and (2) it was a unique hostel experience. Not an ideal central location though!

• 26th Apr 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hostel of the Sun

Naples, Italy

I slept in an 8 bed mixed dorm. The beds were clean, the lockers were really secure, and the location was perfect. The staff was beyond helpful, and they even had 3 euro cocktails during 8-11 pm happy hour at night. Would definitely recommend staying here again.

Astor Hyde Park

I had a 10 person room. The hostel itself was clean, but the wifi was terrible; almost never worked and if it did work, it was incredibly slow. Breakfast at the hostel was great - so many cereal brands, types of bread, jams, nutella, etc. The staff seemed pretty helpful, but I never really had to use them. The location is fantastic-right near metro stops and even the natural history museum and Royal Albert Hall. Would I stay there again? Yeah, it was good for the money and location is unbeatable

Hotel San Tomaso

Milan, Italy

I stayed in a 4 person dorm. Reception was nice - she gave me a map and showed me all the major places in Milan. She also recommended an sushi place where you can eat as much as you want for 8 euro (greatest thing ever - do it!). If you're in the dorm, you don't have lockers, but they keep your bag in their back room and I had nothing taken. They also give you a towel, which is great. The wifi is also great and accessible. I will say that my mattress sunk in so it wasn't easy on my back.