St Christopher's Camden

Pretty good place to stay. Decent beds. Good facilities and breakfast. Shower I used was weak and not hot enough but maybe the others are OK.

Hey there :), Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we're glad you enjoyed our little hostel. We'll definitely try and get our showers fixed so next time it's not so weak :) Because there will be a next time we hope ;) St Christopher's Camden

Hyde Park Hostel

The dirtiest and most dilapidated place I ever stayed in. Even when I travelled in India, I never came across showers and bathrooms as filthy and badly maintained as this. It is so bad that no words can explain how bad this hostel is.

Heynow Hostel Old Town

Krakow, Poland

A good hostel but quite expensive. Very dark and gloomy inside. They say no stag-do groups allowed but there were two groups there during my stay!

Hoza Hostel

Warsaw, Poland

There is an unbelievable shortage of showers in this place! When I stayed, the hostel was less than a quarter full yet I had to wait in line for twenty minutes to get a shower. The place should close down until more showers are installed. Also, there are no lockers in the rooms. You can leave valuable at the reception desk but that's not enough - every hostel must have lockers. in the rooms.

Thank you very much. We find 3 showers and 4 toilets for two floors enough most of the time. However if someone takes a shower for an hours, people have to wait and there is nothing we can do about it. Obviously, it's impossible to have 40 showers at one place. We are sorry you had to excperience any difficulties because of that. We resigned from lockers as there are a lot of stealing from unguarded room, while in front of the locker at the reception and luggage room we have CCTV installed.

Hostel Oki Doki

Warsaw, Poland

The bedroom door for my room had locks that can only be unlocked using a key. So, if the door has been locked and you want to get out, you can't, unless you have the key. Why's that a problem ? It's a problem because if there's a fire and you don't have your key to hand, you're trapped. On my first morning, I tried to leave the room but couldn't because a room mate had locked the door from the outside when he left early. I couldn't find my key for ages - what if there had been a fire?

Good news! You can sleep peacefully- all the locks in the hostel have been replaced since then, you do not need the key to open your door from inside. Another thing is that if your room mate wants to play jokes with you, he/she will always find the way to do so… Sorry, we can not take responsibility for somebody's sense of humour no matter how weird it is.

Hyde Park Hostel

In two years of traveling around the world and staying in numerous hostels, this one is the worst I've stayed in! The staff are very very rude, the building is in a totally dilapidated state, the toilets and showers are so disgusting I couldn't bring myself to use them. Also, no lockers in the rooms, no free WiFi. You are better sleeping in the park on a bench than staying in this shabby doss house.

• 24th May 2014

Hostel Hemingway

Pamplona, Spain

I can't be bothered to write a review for sodding hostelworld because they edit what I say - or just don't publish some reviews (such are always polite and never rude) so why waste my time trying to help others by reviewing when I don't always receive the courtesy of publication / unedited publication?

Duque - Casa de Hospedes

Lisbon, Portugal

Perfect. Simple, clean, fair price, central location. No fuss.

• 22nd Mar 2014

AWA Porto Hotel Santo Andre

Porto, Portugal

Simple, clean and very nice hotel in perfect central location at a syndrome price .

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Globetrotter

I was reluctant to book this hostel as it's on the outskirts of the city. However, it's really quick and easy to reach on the metro so don't be put off by the location. It's a pleasant and friendly hostel and I enjoyed staying here.

• 15th Mar 2014

Venture Hostel

The bathroom facilities are inadequate, extremely cramped and dirty. Same can be said about the dorms.

• 1st Mar 2014

Saba'a Hotel

Petra, Jordan

A really good place to stay. A good location with exceptionally nice staff and a good so Isaak area for meeting other travelers.

Farah Hotel

Amman, Jordan

WiFi did not work most of the time and even when it does, the data allowance per IP address is so low that I got locked out after less than two hours surfing (and I didn't even download film or images). There is no hot water except early morning. When two or three people take a shower before me in the morning, there will be no hot water left for the rest if us. They quoted a fixed price for collection from the airport but when we got to the hotel, I was made to pay 25% more.

An Hoi Hotel

Hoi An, Vietnam

Horrible! Never stayed anywhere where I got so little sleep. Water pump for pool directly next to my window kept me awake plus incredibly noisy air conditioning unit on the building's structure cut in and out all night. Room very damp as well. The hotel may look nice but in practice, it's a dump. Stay somewhere else.

KoTo Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

Really good place to stay. Great staff, good rooms, good location. They organise loss of trips. I went on their Halong bay trip which was sort of OK... although the food on the boat was very poor and the cabin incredibly noisy due to the crappy old diesel engine on the boat. Halong Bay beautiful but polluted and overcrowded.

• 25th Nov 2013
  • Globetrotter

Really pleasant place to stay and very good staff. Only drawback is that there are not enough showers and there is only one sink for everyone to share from all the dorms. The cafe is good, although very expensive - a coffee is significantly more pricey than a coffee in the most expensive restaurants or cafes in London, Paris or NY ( and it's not even good choice)

Hostel Oasis

Moscow, Russia

Depressing! One of the worst hostels I've visited in over a year of round the world travel. Terrible facilities, not clean, terrible security, gloomy depressing atmosphere. The owners of this place need to get out more and see what the competition is up to - in the meantime, save yourself a grim experience and stay somewhere else.

Soul Kitchen

St Petersburg, Russia

Superb hostel - one of the best I've stayed in after more than a year of traveling. The only downside was that my mattress was seriously bad - sharp metal bed springs sticking into me all over the place, plus the mattress was sagging so you kept rolling into the dip in the middle - so I had six very uncomfortable nights with bad sleep. Others told me they had the same problem with their beds. But despite this, it's such a nice hostel if still go back!

Hello, thanks for your feedback! It's so unfortunate that you felt uncomfortable on the mattress, pity we didn't know about this issue until now, but we'll make sure that the problem will be fixed! Safe travels, Soul Kitchen hostel management

Really pleasant place to stay. Friendly and homely and a perfect location. I had a great time here.

IYHF Youth Hostel Zinkensdamm

Stockholm, Sweden

Excellent hostel. Good rooms. Good facilities. Great breakfast. Nice quiet but accessible location.

• 7th Oct 2013

Generator Hostel Hamburg

Hamburg, Germany

It would have been much better if there was a kitchen visitors could use.

St Christopher's Greenwich

It's a real shame there is no kitchen for guests to use. Dorms suffer from bad traffic noise from the main road and station parking lot directly below.

Hyde Park Hostel

DEPLORABLE: In a year of staying in hostels as I've done my round the world trip, this is the dirtiest, worst maintained and most run-down hostel I have stayed in. Apart from being filthy and very badly maintained, there are inadequate showers and WC's, there is no free wifi (get real), no lockers in the rooms - in fact , no free lockers anywhere. The staff are aggressive, rude and obnoxious. It's a disgrace that Hostel World even list this place. DO NOT STAY HERE

• 17th Sep 2013

Hostel Pisa

Pisa, Italy

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! Shockingly noisy with multiple train lines and a very busy main road right under your bedroom window will make it impossible to sleep. No hostel WiFi unless you have a mobile to receive an sms activation code. You're not allowed in your room between 10 am and 3pm, so forget sleeping in if you're tired or coming back to your room of you've forgotten something. No breakfast. And totally overpriced. It really is DREADFUL :-)

• 8th Sep 2013
  • Globetrotter

First: No sms activation code needed, free wifi codes are available at reception. Second: Strange to read that you complain about the "cleaning time" from 10am until 3PM if you just stayed one night, of course it is not allowed to go back to sleep after checking out, and of course Everyone is allowed to get something out of the room if they've forgotten something. Keep Calm & Smile :-) Hostel Pisa

Very very noisy due to massive main roads right outside the dorms. Dirty showers and inadequate and very cramped toilets. Stupid charge levied for leaving your bags for more than a few hours after check out. Hardly any plugs in bedrooms to charge phones and computers.

• 4th Sep 2013

St Christopher's Greenwich

Very noisy - noise from bar below rooms plus noise from traffic outside. Not very good showers and wc's - all rather dirty and in poor condition.

• 31st Aug 2013
  • Globetrotter

TERRIBLE mattresses on all the beds! Lumpy, springs sticking into you. I've been traveling for 18 months and this hostel has the worst mattresses I've experienced anywhere. An When I complained, the staff agreed and said everyone complains but the owner is too tight to triage them. So, Steam Engine owner, get your credit card out and buy us some decent beds or we'll keep giving you the bad reviews you deserve. Inadequate showers and WC's as well!!

• 30th Aug 2013
  • Globetrotter

Terrible terrible beds - really bad mattresses and cramped 3 tier bunks. Terrible showers and toilets and not enough of them.

• 29th Aug 2013

Hyde Park Hostel

Filthy. This is the dirtiest and worst maintained hostel I have stayed in in many years of using hostels. The staff are very rude and arrogant. There are no lockers. Simply dreadful - sleep in the street rather than this dreadful place!

• 25th Jun 2013