Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 28

Pariwana Hostel Cusco

Cusco, Peru

I don't usually enjoy the large party style hostels but I really enjoyed Pariwana, Cusco. The showers always had hot water and the bathrooms and rooms were cleaned daily. The food was good (although they always seemed to be out of something) and I always had a blast at their evening activities and they have good evening security. You can book any tour you need and I'd highly recommend this hostel.

Inka's Rest

Puno, Peru

A quiet hostel but they have everything you need and have daily tours to titicaca.

I liked this hostel. There's not really a central area to hang out but lots of smaller areas. They can book any bus or tour you need and have a pretty huge movie collection and a nice shed to relax in if that's what you need. It's close enough to walk to the center of town but far enough away that you don't hear all the music and partying.

The hostel itself was nice and had good prices on food and drinks but there were no large lockers for bags (they do have smaller combination lockers for passports/smaller items). They also don't have enough bathrooms for the amount of beds that they have so I felt like I was always waiting.

The Pariwana staff was absolutely amazing, but some of the temporary staff were pretty crappy. They seemed like they were there to just hit on girls and get drunk and I never saw them doing their actual jobs. The hostel is in a good location and they have lots of tours to choose from and will help you book anything that you need. The restaurant food is also quite good and very fairly priced.

Puriwasi

Lima, Peru

I was only here for a quick night so I can't say much but it was a quieter hostel in Miraflores so the location was good and the rooftop bar and kitchen were cool.

Kona Tau

Easter Island, Chile

Easter Island is expensive but this hostel is a pretty good deal compared to everything else you'll find on the island. The rooms are made up for you daily and their is a fresh breakfast everyday.

Hospedaje Modelo

Puerto Montt, Chile

This Hospedaje is a little bit out of the way but it's a cheap collectivo ride from the bus station. The rooms are nice and the staff doesn't speak much English but are very helpful for whatever you need.

Ventana Sur Hostal

Santiago, Chile

Ventana Sur is a smaller hostel, which are my favorite. The staff is absolutely amazing and I couldn't have had a better time there. The breakfast lasts until everyone has eaten and there's always someone around to chat with or have a bottle of wine with in the evening. The kitchen is big and yeah, I couldn't recommend this hostel more!

Buenos Aires, Argentina

The staff are helpful and always ready to share a Mate if you'd like one. The breakfast is just bread, tea and some spread but the hostel is one of the cheaper in the area so you can't expect much. The rooms are decent, but sometimes a bit noisy due to the traffic outside.

Buenos Aires, Argentina

A rather quiet hostel, the breakfast is minimal but there, the beds are made for you and the staff is friendly. It also has one of the more competitive prices in BA, so that's nice.

Timbo Posada

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

The hostel is in a great location, right next to the bus stop that gets you to Iguazu. It's a damp area, so the rooms always smelled a bit musty but the breakfast is good and the hostel has a good atmosphere.

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Very quiet hostel but in a decent location and for a decent rate.

Fabrizzios Terrace Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

Such an amazing hostel. Brand new, free breakfast ALL DAY, extremely helpful staff, great atmosphere, evening tapas some nights. I have stayed in many hostels and I can't recommend this hostel enough, they definitely do it right. Thank you for the amazing stay :)

Sentrum Hostel

Oslo, Norway

Average hostel, it was nice there wasn't any bunkbeds in my dormroom but otherwise it's a fairly average hostel.

Bodo Hostel

Bodo, Norway

This hostel was VERY expensive, of course it is Norway, so it's to be expected...The breakfast is very good, but it is NOT free, even though it says that it is on hostelworld (hopefully they have changed it by now). I ate breakfast each morning I was there, unaware they were charging me until it came time to pay, luckily I caught it and was able to show that it said it was free on hostelworld so my money was refunded. Great kitchen and nice rooms though!

Anker Hostel

Oslo, Norway

Poor kitchen in the room, they make you pay for your bed linen, no breakfast. Wouldn't stay here again.

Sleep in Heaven

Copenhagen, Denmark

The only place with triple decker bunk beds I've ever seen, which was annoying when you get put on the top. They have no kitchen, no free breakfast and quite far from the train station.

St Christophers Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

Had issues with security here, a room of my friend was broken into while I was there and valuables taken. Also, a man was caught in the womans bathroom doing very inappropriate things. They have no kitchen and it's definitely a party hostel. The rooms are extremely new and nice though.

HomePlus Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Let me start by saying I highly recommend this hostel, the staff is amazing. However, I had an unforunate issue of theft here so security definitely needs to increased (video surveilance, photocopy of legitimate passport, etc), given that, everything else was great, the staff went above and beyond in EVERY aspect. When I arrived they gave a tour and offered good suggestions. They have good tours through the hostel and the atmosphere is just very close and friendly.

Definitely a large party hostel. Cool bar and decent breakfast (but not free).

MEININGER Salzburg City Center

Salzburg, Austria

Very new hostel, cool facilities and nice kitchen.

Twins Minbak Hostel

Lucerne, Switzerland

Just a very average hostel all around, nothing special, nothing to complain about.

Downtown-Lodge

Grindelwald, Switzerland

The staff here were amazing, so helpful with everything that I needed and offered many suggestions about the area. Switzerland is expensive but this hostel is moderatly priced for the area, and a decent breakfast is included. I was here during the off season so it was very quite but the facilities were gorgeous, I would highly recommend this hostel.

Funny-Farm

Interlaken, Switzerland

They failed to make it clear that breakfast wasn't included and didn't have staff to alert me to the fact that it wasn't until I had already began eating. The charge for a mediocre breakfast? $13. Ridiculous. Rooms were nice.

The staff here were amazing. I was placed into a room where none of the lockers were functional and was quickly and easily switched. Also, had issues with payment and the staff was SO accomodating and helpful, thank you for that. They also have free breakfast but no kitchen. Very cool bar attached though.

Generation Europe Youth Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

My largest issue with the hotel was the staff and their abilities to accommodate guests. The wifi went out midway though the day, and I understand that stuff like that happens but no one took steps to fix the issue. It was still broken the next morning. They have computers with working internet, so I figured I'd just use those...except they wanted to charge me to use them, even though their wifi was broken. Terrible. On the positive side, good breakfast and "green" mentality.

A&O Dusseldorf Hauptbahnhof

Dusseldorf, Germany

No kitchen, but at least they had decently priced food at the bar. Just a standard large, hostel, nothing special.

Dusseldorf, Germany

Would have been better if there was at least a kitchen. Staff were helpful when we needed something warmed up. Also, you had to pay for wifi, which is ridiculous to me. Clean and nice rooms though.

Hotel Flipper

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hotel was VERY expensive considering it wasn't in a prime location, didn't have a kitchen, breakfast wasn't included and the room was pretty small. Everything was clean (except for under the bed) and the security was great. The staff was great and helped us with directions and some ideas on places to eat in the area.

Dusseldorf, Germany

This is a hotel and not a hostel. The trouble with hotels is that you give up a lot of the common amenities in exchange for bed making and it's more expensive. This hotel has no kitchen, no common area and you have to pay for breakfast and there isn't free wi-fi.

Way Hostel

Madrid, Spain

The staff here are what made this hostel an awesome experience (especially Bau). They all remember your name and say hello when you walk by. It's right near a grocery store and they organize a lot of cool activities like day trips to toledo, walking tours, flamenco shows and tango lessons. I would definitely recommend this hostel.