Chicago Getaway Hostel

Chicago, USA

Fantastic hostel with amazing kitchen and other facilities. Beds very comfortable. Great activities and drinking organised every day.

• 5th Aug 2013

The Only Backpacker's Inn

Toronto, Canada

The hostel has a great feel and fantastic outdoor deck. There is a bar an great cafe downstairs and a wicked grocer 100m away.

• 23rd Jul 2013
  • Globetrotter

The place is in EVERETT, not Boston. Why they don't make this clearer in the 'Directions' I don't know. I went to the wrong address and the woman I met there told me it has been happening for years. The rooms are TERRIBLY humid and warm; they need air conditioners. The location is very poor as there are no shops close by and the metro is 15 minutes walk. They do run a shuttle, however, which was great. The staff were really friendly and there was a great room down the back with pool table and TV

we are sorry the weather has been so terribly humid recently, this is unusual. there are many shops and restaurants and pubs about a 5 minute walk from the hostel, you just have to ask directions from our staff. we are 4 subway stops from Central Boston and with a free shuttle you can be downtown in twenty minutes.

It was OK. Kitchen isn't great but you can manage. Rooms are really stuffy and my bed was pretty dirty. Great location and fine for a couple of days.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in but I would hope so as it is by far the most expensive. It has the best kitchen I've seen in a hostel.

Crowded House

Eceabat, Turkey

We had a twin room which had air conditioning and incredibly comfortable beds. The breakfast I also good. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here.

Elifstar Cave Hotel

Goreme, Turkey

Would not stay again because of the staff. We had booked a dorm and, upon arrival, were given a private double instead. This had happened numerous times across our travels so we thought nothing of it. At breakfast the next morning we were told there had been a mistake and were ordered to leave our room in a tone that suggested we were in the wrong. To confirm this, another lady then blamed us for not saying anything! After 7 months of travelling I've never been treated so poorly.

Sezgin's Guesthouse

Kusadasi, Turkey

Good hostel but my room was really hot and humid and I found Sezgin to be overly pushy in offering expensive guided tours. The place has a pool and nice feel, though.

Paraga Beach Hostel

Mykonos, Greece

What an amazing location perched above Paraga Beach. It's nicer than Paradise Beach but still only 10 minutes away around the cliff. It as a huge deck with pool, two bars and beautiful view. The dorms are like an army barracks (cramped and basic) but you're only there to sleep for a few hours. Outside of that you're partying or laying on a sun bed. Loved it.

Rea Sun

Naxos, Greece

Fantastic stay. We were upgraded to a nicer room because it was quiet. I was extremely happy here and did not want to leave!

Francesco's

Ios, Greece

Absolutely nothing to fault. Best hostel on the island with everything you could possibly want or need. You must stay here at least once. I plan to stay again!

Good hostel but pretty average location.

Hotel King

Kalambaka, Greece

Perfect location, incredible value and decent breakfast.

Thessaloniki Studios Arabas

Thessaloniki, Greece

Enjoyable stay, easy to meet people. The guy running the joint was very unpleasant and on my back about anything he could think of. Ogi was great, however.

Milingona Hostel

Tirana, Albania

Great hostel with huge dorms yet a homely feel. Sweet patio with mountain views and only 10 minutes walk to the centre. Yuri was also a legend.

Stevo Guesthouse

Ulcinj, Montenegro

Great location just metres from the beach. Annoying that the bathroom is outside but you deal with that. Security could be improved e.g. better locks on doors. Overall a pleasant stay.

Haris Youth Hostel

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Great hostel with an interesting history. Haris is great and the facilities were impressive. Great patio views over the city.

Villa Micika

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Great stay for a place outside of the old town. I loved the location as there were nice restaurants and bars, beach and supermarket within a few minutes. Enjoyed my upgrade to a private room.

Luka's Lodge

Hvar, Croatia

After 5 months of backpacking, this is the best hostel I've stayed in. Luka is the nicest owner I've met and he takes incredible pride in his lodge. The rooms are new, clean and have a/c. The mattresses on the bunks are so comfortable and you're given sheets and two towels. Luka and the lady put on a BBQ for a small group of us and it was magnificent; we didn't lift a finger. They always ask if you need a coffee or anything else. I enjoyed everything about my stay at Luka's.

Rooms and bathrooms were good, great little terrace outside and the location couldn't be better. However, advertising that there is a kitchen is hugely misleading and should not have been done in any capacity. There is a kettle, a tiny fridge and a tiny, portable electric stove. You have to wash your dishes in the bathroom sink which is disgusting.

Sant Jordi Alberg

Barcelona, Spain

Great hostel, 4 computers was impressive. Easy to meet people and always something happening. Staff were fantastic. 10 minutes walk to La Ramblas was easy.

Way Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Incredible! Best kitchen and common room I've come across. Easiest place to meet people and everything is within walking distance. Tours to Toledo, Segovia and pub crawls. The staff also do lots of cooking, it's great!

Fantastic hostel. Great common room, great breakfast and comfortable beds.

• 2nd Mar 2013

St Andrews Tourist Hostel

St Andrews, Scotland

Great hostel, fantastic kitchen which was very well equipped. Two complaints: no security lockers in the rooms (personally, this is a must) and I had no hot water on my last morning.

• 26th Feb 2013