22nd Oct 2016

Friendly staff and very clean. Nice location near Hiroshima station. Quiet save for a little bit of street noise but that doesn't bother me. A bit boring but that's typical of most Japanese hostels I've been to. All in all an excellent place to stay, although I slightly prefer J Hoppers and maybe Hana Hostel. Maybe.

Hostel Ann, Nagoya, Japan
22nd Nov 2014

A very nice hostel. Quiet neighborhood but close to public transport and a 25 minute walk or short bike ride from more lively parts of town. There are restaurants and such in the neighborhood, so really location is quite solid. The building is really nice and blends Japanese style w/ western style very well. Only two showers but you can write your name on a list if there is a wait. Cute common room and TV/couches, good kitchen, and lovely staff. I'd certainly recommend staying here!

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
J-Hoppers Hiroshima Guesthouse, Hiroshima, Japan
15th Nov 2014

I was only here for a night, but I really enjoyed it. The staff was very welcoming and friendly, and the dorm was solid, with privacy curtains and plenty of blankets now that it's getting cold. Shower was hot and like any good Japanese hostel, shampoo and body wash are included. Towel rental was only 70 yen, which is also a plus. The location by the peace park is wonderful, too. It's a bit further from Hiroshima station, but easily accessible by tram! Not many showers but that was no problem!

Thank you for staying here with us!! And also thank you for your comments:) We are glad to hear that you enjoyed it!! If you have any chance to come back, please stay longer and have a great experience with us:) Take care and have a safety travel!!

• USA, Female, 31-40
Tani9 Backpackers Osaka, Osaka, Japan
28th Aug 2014

I have stayed here a few different times and am always made to feel very welcome. The rooms and beds are good and the location is quite nice, with easy access to the metro and not much of a walk to good nightlife, etc. It is a small hostel, but other guests have always been really easygoing and friendly, with a good mix of foreign and Japanese travelers. I'll certainly be back again and again!

Taroko Liwu Hostel, Hualien, Taiwan
3rd Apr 2014

Rooms great, showers just ok. Location is excellent/15 min to park HQ. A couple restaurants nearby. The real highlight was the staff. Ken ended up playing tour guide and driving us all around the park on our day there. He gave us good information and was just super helpful from start to finish, and he really didn't charge a lot of money for the service. If you are pressed for time and want to really see Taroko, this is your place. The service made it a truly memorable experience. Thank you!

Tani9 Backpackers Osaka, Osaka, Japan
23rd Aug 2013

I had a wonderful time here. The place is very small but well taken care of and extremely friendly! Ina is lovely and takes good care of everybody and is always smiling. The hostel is just a few stops on the subway from the main train station and walking distance from Namba and all kinds of food and night life. There are only 2 showers, but they are nice and hot and all in all the place is clean and cozy. Next time I'm in Osaka I'll be back at Tani9.

Thank you for your comment!Firstly, we apologize for the delay in replying.Thank you for your staying with us on the last summer!We are glad to hear that you had a good time here.We keep it in mind and try our best.We look forward to seeing you again!!Thank you.

Euro Youth Hostel, Munich, Germany
18th Apr 2013

The place was good overall. The breakfast was better than many hotel breakfasts I've had, but the hostel was very expensive due to a trade show in town. Very clean and secure, good beds. There was a little outdoor patio behind our room, but it was no smoking no alcohol closed after 9pm, so basically no fun. All in all a good place to stay.

Tarifa Melting Pot Hostel, Tarifa, Spain
24th Mar 2013

The place was nice. Was a little pricey I thought, but all in all it got the job done. They could stand to have more than 2 toilets/3 showers for the whole place. But all in all no major gripes.

Astor Hyde Park, London, England
4th Mar 2013

I was quite happy with my stay here. The bed was comfy and the shower was nice and hot. On duty staff were quite friendly as well. The breakfast was simple but solid and the common room was nice, though most of the guests were too preoccupied with their laptops to be very sociable. I was there early in the week and was out most of the time anyway, so I'm sure it's not hard to meet people if you try. All in all I was very happy and can't find any real reason to complain. Thanks!