The Cat's Pajamas Hostel, Berlin, Germany
22nd Aug 2015

I kept saying to myself "I think this is the best hostel i've ever stayed at" a lot during my stay. The atmosphere, the couch cushions, the cats all over the walls, the amazing bunks with plugs and outlets, the cleanliness, the amazing kitchen and readily available staff to answer all my silly questions was amazing! No free coffee- but plenty of people leave food in the free-bin- so it wasn't a problem. Thank you guys for everything!

Pozitiv Hostel, Zagreb, Croatia
6.0
6th Aug 2015

I think it's the staff that makes/breaks a hostel- and the staff at Pozitiv were more interested in talking to eachother than guests. I got a map, but she couldn't give me suggestions on where to eat, drink, go... They had a lot of tourist information, but never went on any of it. The morning I was leaving, the doors were locked- even though it said 'reception open 24-0'... Overall, nice place- but rude staff.

Hostel Miran, Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina
6.3
1st Aug 2015

Miran is a very nice man and tries very hard. The hostel is 10 years old. The room was advertised to be air conditioned, but wasn't. (maybe an after-thought added room?) our window opened to the kitchen- and was noisy in the morning. There was no security in my room. at all. Door didn't lock, no lockers. there are 3 bathrooms for 27 guests- which makes it a little bit of a fluster-cluck in the morning. I also think the hostel tends to draw a more younger crowd.

War Hostel, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina
27th Jul 2015

War hostel is an amazing experience. The movie nights in the bunker are especially a nice treat. This isn't a party hostel- but a total experience. Go on the Sarajevo siege tour (war tour). It's absolutely worth it!!!

At Grandmas, Shkoder, Albania
5.1
21st Jul 2015

We actually didn't even stay at "At Grandmas" because of the terrible security and lack of organization. There were no directions on the website or after you book. It simply says "we're behind the radio building" but.... if you're a tourist and have NO IDEA WHERE THAT IS- good luck finding it. We ended up finding a hotel with a boy who had a cell phone to call the owner who then met us at the hotel. We didn't end up staying because of the lack of security (no keys, no lockers, etc)

Milingona Hostel, Tirana, Albania
8.0
14th Jul 2015

I wish there were more showers/bathrooms (only 3 for 20+ beds. Kinda cramped, but overalll- great and oh so helpful staff! I love them! :) Thanks for the amazing tips and breakfast and stay!

Hostel Le Jardin, Belgrade, Serbia
1st Jul 2015

I wish the bathroom had hooks.... hooks EVERYWHERE!

The Crib, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
24th Jun 2015

The only suggestion I would have is to have more hooks (to hang towels/jackets/etc) in the room/bathrooms.

House of Journey, Penang, Malaysia
18th Dec 2013

I LOVE this hostel. Mostly for the staff and the amazing location. Rayson and Cheryl made me "pleasantly plump" with all the amazing food suggestions- and I thank them 1000x for it! :) I actually ended up staying 3 nights instead of just 1. :) A few things to note: one wall is made of wood slats- so while the privacy and air flow is great- you can also hear a lot. The other thing is that if you need anything (towel, blanket) they have them available at the desk. Just ask!

The Mad Monkey, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
7.7
10th Sep 2013

I stayed here with my friend. Her makeup bag went missing (it was sitting IN her bag- under her bed). Apparently the cleaner lady thought "someone had left it behind" and took it. The bag was riffled through and some stuff was missing. I, personally, had no problems with this hostel- though I'm not a huge fan of Phnom Penh.

Dear Valued Guest We are really sorry to hear this as management we were completely unaware of this issue and would of certainly dealt with it accordingly if it had been brought to our attention? We can honestly say that on a day to day basis we are handed in a abundance of lost property including wallets with money, ipods & phones from housekeeping. @ The Mad Monkey have a strict policy on customers safety & belongings we just wish we could of addressed this on the day. Safe travels Team Monkey

Long Hostel, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
7th Sep 2013

I had a great room on the first floor. the air-con was stellar and the helpful family was awesome. Breakfast in the morning was also much appreciated. :) I did hear about a lot of people's stuff getting stolen, so if you stay anywhere in HCMC, make sure you lock up your stuff properly and keep everything on you close to your body.

PP BackPackers, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
4th Sep 2013

I LOVED my stay at PP's. "the boy" was really considerate and kind and hard-working. The main owner is the sweetest girl that I have met during my travels. I would recommend this place to anyone who is traveling to vietnam! The only downside was that the air-con is a little on the weak-side-- but once we mentioned it to the owner, she had it fixed the next day!

Annie's Place, Alice Springs, Australia

6.6
16th Jun 2013

Vibes Hostel, Quito, Ecuador
28th Feb 2013

I loved this hostel. Everything was fantastic. The professionalism and directions and help and location was all fantastic. I especially appreciated the wheat-bread at breakfast!