Bondi Beachouse YHA

Sydney, Australia

We stayed in a private room which was very big but with a bunk bed and practically no furnishings at all. It was very loud so we had to wear earplugs every night as well as an eye mask to block out the light. The other guests were not rowdy apart from one night but it was mainly due to the single glazing windows. Womens bathrooms were clean but mens not so much. Good location for us as it was out the way but others may find it not central enough.

• 23rd Apr 2015

USA Hostels San Francisco

San Francisco, USA

The location was great, really central, the room was big and no matter how much noise was made outside, you didn't hear it in the room which is great. Everyone who was there though, was there to party...hard! There were drunk people everywhere at all times. They were rude, extremely loud and the staff did nothing about it. I had one guy throw up on his bed in my room waking me up. Most disgusting hostel experience i've ever had, it's completely put my bf and I off hostels for good!

• 4th May 2013

We booked to stay in a dorm room but when we arrived the guy at the front desk (Jono) let us know we would only pay $4 extra to stay in a private room/pn which we then upgraded to. The room was incredibly clean; the sheets smelt freshly washed which was amazing for a hostel. Jono is a great guy, very welcoming and friendly, the premises is very clean and very well looked after. The bathroom was very clean also and spacious, showers were decent and the kitchen had plenty of space and equipment.

• 27th Feb 2013

We arrived at 2.30, there's nobody available between 12 and 3 so we waited, but nobody arrived to help us until 3.20. Bed sheets had mud on them and the comforter had yellow stains all over it. The staff played loud music up until quiet time and were nowhere to be seen the whole time we were there. The sofa's in the TV room reeked of filth!!! A guest (or staff) was also playing incredibly loud (and bad) music upstairs where the TV room is. Most inconsiderate and filthy hostel we have stayed in!!

• 26th Feb 2013