Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 36

Balibbu

Ubud, Indonesia

This is a new hostel, so there were a few teething problems. When they resolve these, and add things like mirrors, safes, more plug sockets, etc, it will be an outstanding hostel and extremely good value for money. The staff are super friendly, the owner is really welcoming and genuinely cares about guests having a good time. There is a pool, and motorbikes are available. The hostel is at the back of the Monkey forest, but it is still a good 20-30 min walk, so I would recommend hiring bike.

• 1st Dec 2014

The staff are lovely, and the location is great for the nearby waterfront bars and resturants.

• 22nd Nov 2014

• 1st Nov 2014

The hostel and the staff are good, it's just a shame about hanoi. There's not much to do other than the trips to halong bay and sapa. Plus my friend had her passport and wallet stolen in the street. Be careful.

• 2nd Sep 2014

Studios HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The beds are super comfy! And it's in a good location on hong kong island.

• 29th Aug 2014

Sanlitun Youth Hostel

Beijing, China

This is everything you would expect from a hostel, the staff are friendly and welcoming, the rooms are clean and comfortable. They are able to book several trips for you, including different options for the great wall. The lounge area serves food, drinks, there's a pool table, and music and games in the evenings. In the local area there's plenty of restaurants and bars. The subway is a 15-20 min walk. The subway station also links directly to the airport link, which is pretty handy.

• 3rd Oct 2013

Siam Journey Guesthouse

Bangkok, Thailand

This is a pretty standard inner-city hostel, with a communal area and information about sightseeing/events. The dorm rooms were clean, and there were shared bathrooms downstairs (and I found I didn't have to wait, one was usually free). The friendly staff and other visitors made my stay at this hostel enjoyable, which is what most people want from hostel accommodation.

• 9th Aug 2013

Teeraya Boutique Dormitory

Chiang Mai, Thailand

I really enjoyed my stay at Teeraya Boutique in Chiang Mai. My bed was extremely comfortable, my room was nice, and the hotel is only 5 mins walk from the city walls. The staff were really friendly and helpful, they kindly booked me onto several trips and a cooking class during my stay.

• 4th Aug 2013

TR3ATS Guest House

Cebu, Philippines

I'm average height, and the beds were small but I managed to sleep ok. This is a basic hostel, clean, cheap, the staff were friendly. I only needed it as a base the night before my flight, and it was fine for that purpose.

• 25th Feb 2013