Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 36

Chanlee Dormitory

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Super lovely hostel set slightly back off the main road. Great resturant area to plan your angkor trip. The staff are very sweet and helpful. I stayed in the 6 bed dorm with ensuite - aircon, very clean and comfortable. 5 -10 min walk to the night market and pub street. This really is one of the nicer hostels in the area. I visited several before moving to this one from another one. We also had a swimming pool rest day in the hotel next door for just 5 dollars. I wish I could have stayed longer.

Wassup Youth Hostel

Penang, Malaysia

Nice hostel, lovely staff. I stayed during low season, so the hostel was quiet and lacked atmosphere. However, this meant I had a whole dorm room to myself, nice perk! The dorm room had loads of mosquitos. I couldn't sleep and had to buy a spray. Once most of them had been killed off it was much better, and more manageable, just the odd one (to be expected). The hostel should probably consider doing something to reduce the amount of mosquitos, eg. coils, incense or something.

The Travel Hub

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Good location near china town. I stayed in a shared room in the newer part of the hostel, and an individual room in the older part of the hostel. The newer pary is superb, no complaints! TV, aircon etc. The older part of the hostel is more basic, my bed was really noisy. I was also near the entrance so comings and goings also kept me awake. Still for the price it's pretty good. I would stay there again.

The Travel Hub

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

We stayed in the newer part of the hostel in a 3 person private room. Comfy beds, wifi, tv, aircon. Shared bathroom was clean with hot showers. I would recommend staying here.

Non La Mer Hostel

Koh Lanta, Thailand

Superb hostel. It has a really cosy friendly vibe, great for meeting people. Good location on the island, short walking distance from the beach. The free supply of coffee all day is fabulous. Thank you

Pak-Up Hostel

Krabi, Thailand

This is a big hostel. It is run very well by the staff and has all the facilites, tours etc. I only stayed one night, but I felt that because it is so big it kind of loses that sense of homeliness and cosyness. It is a very functional and cheap hostel. I would stay here again.

Balibbu

Ubud, Indonesia

This is a new hostel, so there were a few teething problems. When they resolve these, and add things like mirrors, safes, more plug sockets, etc, it will be an outstanding hostel and extremely good value for money. The staff are super friendly, the owner is really welcoming and genuinely cares about guests having a good time. There is a pool, and motorbikes are available. The hostel is at the back of the Monkey forest, but it is still a good 20-30 min walk, so I would recommend hiring bike.

M Hostel

Seminyak, Indonesia

Good backpackers hostel, communal areas to meet people, watch tv, etc. There is a pool but it is very small, more like a hot tub. The staff were lovely and the dorm was clean. Great rail by the bed for drying clothes after spending a day on the beach.

The Agung Residence

Seminyak, Indonesia

Super comfy beds, nice staff, lovely food, clean swimming pool, good security. No complaints really. It is a little bit of a walk to the beach, but nothing unmanageable.

The staff are lovely, and the location is great for the nearby waterfront bars and resturants.

The hostel and the staff are good, it's just a shame about hanoi. There's not much to do other than the trips to halong bay and sapa. Plus my friend had her passport and wallet stolen in the street. Be careful.

Studios HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The beds are super comfy! And it's in a good location on hong kong island.

Sanlitun Youth Hostel

Beijing, China

This is everything you would expect from a hostel, the staff are friendly and welcoming, the rooms are clean and comfortable. They are able to book several trips for you, including different options for the great wall. The lounge area serves food, drinks, there's a pool table, and music and games in the evenings. In the local area there's plenty of restaurants and bars. The subway is a 15-20 min walk. The subway station also links directly to the airport link, which is pretty handy.

Siam Journey Guesthouse

Bangkok, Thailand

This is a pretty standard inner-city hostel, with a communal area and information about sightseeing/events. The dorm rooms were clean, and there were shared bathrooms downstairs (and I found I didn't have to wait, one was usually free). The friendly staff and other visitors made my stay at this hostel enjoyable, which is what most people want from hostel accommodation.

Teeraya Boutique Dormitory

Chiang Mai, Thailand

I really enjoyed my stay at Teeraya Boutique in Chiang Mai. My bed was extremely comfortable, my room was nice, and the hotel is only 5 mins walk from the city walls. The staff were really friendly and helpful, they kindly booked me onto several trips and a cooking class during my stay.

TR3ATS Guest House

Cebu, Philippines

I'm average height, and the beds were small but I managed to sleep ok. This is a basic hostel, clean, cheap, the staff were friendly. I only needed it as a base the night before my flight, and it was fine for that purpose.