28th Jan 2014

I had a great stay here. Everyone was very friendly, the location was great, there is an AMAZING breakfast (for purchase), and cheap surfing lessons. Would definitely recommend! The only thing that could be improved is adding lockers in the bedrooms.

Kokopelli Beachpackers, Mancora, Peru
7.7
25th Jan 2014

Very good hostel. If you don't want to party every single night, or just want a good night's sleep, I would recommend staying here over Lokies. You are able to get a guest pass for Lokie, so you can still party there, while having a quiet and clean place to sleep.

511 Lima Hostel, Lima, Peru
24th Jan 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. The dorm has A LOT of beds but it is well spaced out, so it is not so bad. The staff were really great and went above and beyond. This is a great option for Lima if your primary objective isn't to party. That being said, you can still meet people here to go out and party with.

Cool & Bed, Lyon, France
6.6
26th Mar 2013

The positive: the staff were super friendly. There is a bar in the hostel making it easy to meet other travellers. The negative: you had to walk through the bar to get to the bathrooms. I felt very uncomfortable with this. The rooms were freezing and only one fleece blanket was provided. No locks on the doors. Location not great - 20 minutes walk to vieux lyon but not much along the way. Overall I wouldn't recommend mainly based on the location and the bathroom situation.

Hotel Artua'&Solferino, Turin, Italy
4.9
25th Mar 2013

For a 3 star hotel I had much higher expectations. For starters my room was not ready when I checked in (1 hr after check-in time), the internet cost 8 Euros per days (for a plug-in connection. wifi is not available). The evening receptionist did not speak English therefore I was unable to get any sort of dinner recommendations or help when my internet was not working. My room was very old looking. I was provided with 2 tiny single beds and only one pillow. The only positive thing was breakfast.

PLUS Florence, Florence, Italy
6.9
22nd Mar 2013

I was initially not impressed as my room was not ready when I checked in and the receptionist told me (without apologizing) that I could either wait 30-60 minutes or leave my luggage there (where they have signs that they are not responsible for stolen items...). Overall this place would be good if you are travelling in a group, but as a solo traveller it is just too big and has more a feel of a hotel than a hostel. Location was decent - 10 minute walk to the centre and train station.

Ostello Bello, Milan, Italy
9th Mar 2013

I have to admit, when i saw the reviews i expected VERY good things, and for that i was a tad disappointed. Dont get me wrong, it's a great hotel and I had a good stay but I wouldn't call it AMAZING. The rooms were pretty standard. The bar downstairs was cool, but my only complaint would be there seemed to be mostly locals who didn't speak English, making it hard to meet people. One great thing though is that the staff are very helpful and there are a lot of extra services offered

Langstars, Zurich, Switzerland
2nd Mar 2013

I had a great experience at Langstars. The location is not as sketchy as many reviews suggested- having said that i am from the city so i am used to this sort of thing. As long as you have street smarts you'll be fine. The location was pretty good- about a 10 -15 minute walk to all the attractions. The staff were nice and spoke English. There was a bar downstairs that was great for meeting people - both locals and other guest. I was actually surprised at how clean the bathroom was.