Youth Meeting Home, Florence, Italy
6th May 2013

Very good hostel - great central location and good price - there are kitchen facilities, lockers and a place to hang clothes. The staff are really nice guys and let me leave my baggage for an extra day - would definitely come back here.

Maison, Florence, Italy
5th May 2013

Great location just down the road from the Duomo; kitchen was well supplied and a nice place to meet people (in the stead of a common room) and the staff let me use some of their condiments; a balcony to hang clothes and smoke; charming hand-written signs chocabloc with spelling mistakes. I would probably come back here.

6.9
28th Apr 2013

Very clean and modern looking hostel in a nice area and not too expensive. But: location is not ideal- almost all maps of Rome do not contain this area (even the map the hostel gives out) and it is a LONG way to the centre; I arrived with washing to hang up and there was no where to put it; despite a modern-looking kitchen, when preparing to cook I realized that there was no hob- just a sink and microwave. Kitchen does double up as a kind of cafe-style common area though which is nice.

27th Apr 2013

Maybe in mid-summer with a big group this place would be awesome. I was here in April in a dorm by myself (not as cool as it sounds). To Rome it's an hour each way give or take- and the shuttle bus does not take you into the city, but rather to the nearest metro station which is a 40 minute ride from Termini- and after your initial pick up this shuttle bus costs one euro). Travel to & from costs 6euros a day (day-pass), + shuttles bus fee + money you would have saved from cooking your own food.

Camping Fabulous, Rome, Italy
26th Apr 2013

When going for these cheaper camping options outside Rome (there are a few of them) you must take into account travel costs, which can turn a 10 euro bed into at least a 15 euro one - without kitchen facilities it's also necessary to buy a dinner rather than make one. I imagine one of these places would be great fun with a massive group, but for lone travelers- avoid. The only specific problem I had with this place was that they apparently did not view toilet roll as an included service...

Legend R.G, Rome, Italy
25th Apr 2013

This was not a "bad" hostel - there was nothing unpleasant, but I strain to find something I really liked about it. I like smaller, homier hostels where you come into contact with the owner and there is an atmosphere of shared living. These are more like apartments- no common room or joint space save for a computer room/kitchen with a kettle and coffee but no cooking facilities. But if you're coming with a group of friends and you want to spend all your time out exploring Rome this is perfect.

Hostel Happy Days Roma, Rome, Italy
24th Apr 2013

Although I read some unsure comments on the staff on Hostelworld they seemed very nice- made everyone pasta in the evening and coffee in the morning, and let me leave my rucksack for the day after checkout. The morning after my night there I got up very early and went out so the cleaning lock-out didn't bother me. The common room and kitchen had a nice atmosphere, though Wi-Fi was patchy. Perfect location and not too hard to find (though hardly any hostels in Rome have much signage).

Friend House Hostel, Rome, Italy
23rd Apr 2013

Like most hostels in Rome not obviously sign-posted but once I arrived I was very pleased; good location close to Termini; charming owner; simple kitchen facilities; breakfast was nice and good value; bathrooms were also spotless. The only thing I missed was a common room - this doesn't seem like the hostel to meet people, unless you put in the effort over the breakfast table in the morning. Despite this I would come again, as for what it lacked in atmosphere it made up in value for money.

Art Hostel, Naples, Italy
17th Apr 2013

This was a nice hostel: the Italian owner was charming; clean comfortable rooms; a kitchen and terrace. However, it didn't seem like quite the place to meet other travelers, as there's no common room and the kitchen is very small. But if you're just looking for a base from which to explore Naples this place seems perfect, having great access to the historic centre and being in reach of the waterfront- but also having a relaxed atmosphere inside. The owner even made me dinner one night.