Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

A really nice hostel. The room was spacious and clean and had an adjoining bathroom (I think they all do). I loved the common area - felt like you were outside with the trees and light, except that it was air conditioned! I didn't get a chance to do the free walking tour which was a shame on my part. Wifi only works in the foyer but this seems to be a common feature of hostels.

Was meant to be a cheap place to stay before getting an early flight, but I was really pleasantly surprised by how nice it is. It's small and clean, with a nice common area and kitchen and free breakfast apparently, though I had to leave too early. The only major thing i would fault them on is that there are no lockers in the rooms, but it was such a small and friendly hostel that this almost didn't matter. Amazing location right in Chueca, great value. I would stay here again.

Samay Hostel Sevilla

Seville, Spain

Stayed here for one night before needing to get a early morning flight. The staff were super friendly with everything, helped me with bus timetables and everything to get to the airport. It was clean and very well located, fairly close to the cathedral. There's a nice rooftop terrace where people were hanging out which seemed great - unfortunately I had to go to bed early though. For a cheaper hostel I was really pleasantly surprised!

Probably the best hostel I've stayed in. The staff are all super friendly and the atmosphere is great. It's also cheap! So many people I met there were extending their stays. Granada is an amazing city and Oasis is right in the center of the Albaicin. It doesn't include breakfast but there is the option to get a really decent breakfast cooked for you for cheap. The ONLY thing I wasn't happy with was the poor wifi and Internet connection. Otherwise this would be 100%!

Makuto Backpackers Hostel

Granada, Spain

A really nice hostel. The atmosphere in the courtyard was great and I love the hammocks and the treehouse. It's in a great location in the Albaicin, just be prepared for an uphill walk if you've got lots of luggage. There are small lockers for valuables but they're not actually in the rooms, which was kind of annoying. Most of the staff are friendly, but probably too relaxed and unprofessional.

Home Backpackers

Valencia, Spain

Pretty good for the price I paid. It's located in the old part of the city but in a quiet-ish area, which wasn't really what I was expecting, though I did stay mid-week. It has excellent showers. Breakfast included would have been nice but the room was so cheap I can't complain. The kitchen and lounge area is kind of dark and doesn't have the best atmosphere, but the big terrace up top is pretty cool.

Equity Point Centric

Barcelona, Spain

You get what you pay for, I guess. This hostel is absolutely enormous and feels very impersonal. I feel like it would have been fine with a friend or in a group but as a solo traveller I found it hard to meet people and tours etc weren't pushed. Breakfast was decent and the place was fairly clean. As has been mentioned, you only get one sheet and the pillow case, not sure what they expect you to do. I didn't find the staff overly friendly.

Itaca Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Definitely one of the nicer hostels I've stayed in. I like the small size and friendly staff. The wifi didn't always work but I've come to expect that. The location is great, right near the cathedral in the gothic quarter. Decent breakfast, though it finished a bit too early for me some days. I will definitely stay here again when I go back to Barcelona.

U Hostels

Madrid, Spain

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed in, and by far the cleanest. My 12 bed room was big and spacious, with a dividing wall in the middle so it was almost like two 6 bed rooms. Each bed was also big, with a generously-sized quilt. The little hole to keep personal belongings was such a nice touch. Everything was white and spotless, pretty much exactly as the pictures look! The staff were friendly, and I enjoyed the free sangria drinking games and the bar crawl. I'd definitely stay again.

The Garden Backpacker

Seville, Spain

I had the best stay at The Garden, it's definitely the best hostel I've stayed in. The staff are super friendly, there are really nice common areas, and great facilities. I had a bad experience talking to a rude and impatient customer service person at a bus company over the phone in my decent-but-not-perfect Spanish, and the staff called them back for me and sorted it out and generally went out of their way to help. Would definitely go back and definitely recommend it!

Babia Backpackers

Ronda, Spain

This hostel has the most amazing view, I would go back just for that. The staff are friendly and helpful. Only problem was I couldn't get the lock on my locker to work.

Red Nest Hostel Valencia

Valencia, Spain

Had a really great stay at Red Nest, would definitely go back if I found myself in Valencia again. The only problem was the wifi didn't always work in my room, which was a bit annoying.