Cabana Las Lilas

Cochabamba, Bolivia

This is honestly one of the best hostel's I've ever stayed in. Macky and Alex and even the cleaning staff here were incredibly friendly and they always went out of their way to ensure we always had what we needed and more. The location is very chilled and it is easy to get into town if you need to, the visit to the spa was a real treat, the dinners were absolutley superb, movies were set up for us every night and the wifi is good. What a great place to relax in luxury.

Hostel La Colombina

Valparaiso, Chile

A nice hostel in a big old building with a lot of character, nestled in the hills of Valpo. As my stay was in low season and the hostel was quite empty, I can't rate the atmosphere so highly but I'm sure when full it is lovely. Beds were incredibly comfy and huge, breakfast was nice - appreciated the selection of fruit. I'm sure the terrace and patio are brilliant in the summer months.

La Casona de Odile

El Bolson, Argentina

Incredible place. The common areas are so cosy, kitchen the best equipped I've ever used, the gardens, river and location just out of town are beautiful. The breakfast is simple but in a league of its own - homemade brown bread and jams like you've never tasted, plus healthy cereal with local milk. My dorm and bathroom were huge, warm and comfy and spotless. They sell great local beer and the staff are just brilliant - friendly and so caring, they go out of their way for you. Just perfect.

America del Sur Hostel

El Calafate, Argentina

A great hostel - within hours of arriving I had my glacier trip and next two buses all booked! I think they may charge you for the service so I'd check that out next time but it was great to have everything made so simple and the staff were brilliant at explaining everything. Common areas are great - really cosy with loads of space. The kitchen could be better equipped for cooking, but i guess most people don't spend too long here. Easy walk into town, had no problem walking to the bus station.

Thanks a lot for your review!!!!

Hostel Natura

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

Amazingly close to the bus station which was really great. The setting of this hostel is great - the garden was undergoing a refurb when I was there and it was slightly chilly to make the most of the pool but in the summer it will be amazing. Film night was a great way to relax after a tiring day travelling and at the falls, breakfast was healthy, delicious and fresh but would prefer a self service system - and the kitchen does really need to be a bit more equipped for cooking.

Backpackers Share House Floripa

Florianopolis, Brazil

Great hostel right by the beach with a fab atmosphere and great chill out spaces. It was great you could use the surf boards, the staff were really nice and the free caipirinha every night is a great way to get people together. Only downside is no cooking allowed if the hostel is organising dinner - was ok as it quiet during my stay so there was only 1 night I couldn't cook til late. 18R$ a night on curry or pasta is a lot - needs to be cheaper or kitchen not closed to suit the poor backpackers!

Hostel Jardim Paulista

Sao Paulo, Brazil

This hostel is in a great location for the metro and Bela Vista area and is reasonably priced. The rooms are nice and clean, with large lockers - security here is good. The staff were very friendly and tried their best to help however no English was really spoken so it was a case of getting by in Spanish as I dont speak Portuguese. This isnt a backpackers hostel - there is no real atmosphere and even the eating/ common areas aren't really sociable, but I knew people in the city already.

Hostel & Pousada Casa Coco Verde

Jericoacoara, Brazil

A brilliant hostel to stay in in Jeri, brilliant atmosphere and Angela who runs it is a star. She organised my kitesurf lesson, horseriding and my transfer to Fortalwza via the Lagoa and is also a lot of fun to hang out with! The hostel is gerat if your're travelling alone as the common areas are perfect to get to know other guests. Everywhere is very clean and the breakfast is amazing! Would reccomend to anyone.

Lemon Spirit Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great vibe, easy to meet people and the bar was a great place to hang out. Safe area, good locker facilities and always clean. kitchen a bit minimal but such a good atmosphere it really doesn't matter.

Lemon Spirit Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

A really great hostel in a safe location - perfect for meeting people if you're travelling on your own, great spaces for relaxing and the bar is great if you just want an evening in. Very clean, good breakfast and plenty of locker space. Staff were very nice and friendly however perhaps could use a formal greeting system in which things such as the no - key system or taking guests to the room - hard to find them with a large backpack etc. no real complaints though - would reccommend to anyone.