Woodstock Hostel

Paris, France

Woodstock is a little bit out of the way from the main attractions of Paris, but the metro is only a few minutes to walk as are two major train stations. A lot around the hostel was closed which was unfortunate if not unexpected this time of year. The hostel itself was great; very clean, staff was nice, and wifi reached rooms on the top floor. The only drawback was a lack of temperature control in the showers, but certainly nothing major. Thanks for the great stay!

hello Thank you for your nice comment !We inorm you that everything has opened back .and the street is lively again we hope to see you soon back in beautiful Paris best regards the woodstock hostel

Shelter City

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The location was great and the staff were nice, if not especially helpful, but I left after one night because my room was filled with BEDBUGS. The management reimbursed me for the nights I didn't stay, but I would have liked to have been paid back for everything especially after they let it slip that someone had mentioned the bedbug problem to them in my room the day before I arrived. Not acceptable to still put me in there! At least they paid for my laundry, but I was covered in bites!

Note to future guests - this room has now been professionally treated with insecticide and has no bed bugs. So don't be afraid :)

Budget Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

I was only here for one night, but from what I saw it should definitely be high on my list of hostels I've stayed in. The staff was super helpful and really nice, location is good and their directions are fairly straightforward to follow. Thanks for the great stay - wish I could have been there longer!!!

• 24th Jul 2013

Blue Sky Hostel

Glasgow, Scotland

A bit out of the way if you want to be down town and not really in the university area either, although not too far to walk. Staff was nice if not the most helpful with recommendations, and rooms were clean and fairly large. More bathrooms would have been nice (no toilet on my floor) but overall a pretty decent place.

• 20th Jul 2013

Four Courts Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Aside from a broken shower door (what can you do - it's a hostel) this was a great place to stay; the staff was super helpful and very nice, location was not in the middle of everything, but a fairly easy walk to anywhere you might want to go, and rooms were quite spacious and clean. Only issue was that wifi was only in the lobby

• 16th Jul 2013

Youthhostel Montreux

Montreux, Switzerland

A bit out of the way for a city as small as Montreux, but since the area is quite small everything is fairly walkable (about 25-30 minutes to the main train station though) Staff was MIA during most of the day which is annoying, but competent when they are there, breakfast was quite good, and bathrooms were clean (but light timers are short) - just beware that the train tracks are very close and you will certainly hear each train that goes by

Hostel ELF

Prague, Czech Republic

Elf was a great hostel to stay at. It's not in the city center, but it doesn't take long to walk into a busier part of town and there are plenty of shops and resturants nearby as well. The room was huge (by hostel standards) and clean and the staff was really friendly. Beware of slightly iffy wifi and showers that are either scalding or freezing, otherwise, great stay - thanks!

Hi 5 Party Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

The first 2 days the doorframe was broken - it would just come with the door into our room so the lock didn't do much, and the toilets were out of toilet paper half of the time. Staff was mostly helpful (aside from not showing up at checkout to give me my deposit back, but they have followed up on that) and activities where good. In fairness, rude roommates definitely tainted my stay, so perhaps I'm being a bit overly harsh, but this was not one of the best hostels I've stayed at by any means.

Hostel Blues

Bratislava, Slovakia

Great hostel! Everything was super relaxed and the people were all really chill. The room was nice and common areas were clean and comfortable. My only complaint would be that the wifi was iffy in the rooms - working on one side but not on the other - and the common complaint of not enough power outlets. Overall, great stay at one of the best hostels I've come across, thanks!

• 25th Jun 2013
  • Globetrotter

Great hostel - but make sure you check which rail station you'll be coming in/out of because it may not be the one just down the street. Location is a bit far from a lot of things, but fine if you're willing to walk a bit. Straff is great and breakfast is actually pretty decent if you opt to pay for it. Thanks

Greg & Tom Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Fantastic hostel! The staff was very nice and helpful, location was great and close to old town, and breakfast and dinner were great! Thank you so much!

Keeping in mind that this is a campsite, it was a fantastic place to stay in Sorrento. The campsite staff was kind and helpful, and it was an easy 25ish min walk into town. My only complaint was that the restaurant staff seemed completely frazzled most of the time, I had to ask 3 times for my check when I ate dinner there and they were unorganized at breakfast all three mornings and seemed unable to comunicate among themselves if I had been charged yet which was quite annoying 3 days in a row.

The Yellow

Rome, Italy

FANTASTIC hostel!! Yellow is definitely a party hostel, but because the rooms are all set just a bit apart from the bar and basement club it is easy to get away from the noise if that's what you want. Breakfast is good and cheap, drinks prices are fair, and happy hour lasts 9 hours. Fantastic stay - thank you!

Ostello Tramonti

Cinque Terre, Italy

Overall, a good hostel. My biggest issue with it was how difficult it was to get to. While the lock out is only 4.5 hours, ending at 14:30, there is no easy way to get to Biassa from Cinque Terre before at least 18:00. Otherwise, great stay, thank you!

Archi Rossi Hostel

Florence, Italy

Only a short stay, but a good experience. Super close to the train station, clean rooms and a surprisingly full breakfast - thanks :)

Eurostudent home

Florence, Italy

Do NOT stay here! An hour after I arrived (post 6hr lockout) someone found bed bugs. When he went to tell the staff, and even offered to go buy bug spray himself, he was kicked out because they "didn't want problems". Bed bugs are a problem (which they clearly knew about) NOT the people who find the bed bugs. Not only was this guy and his gf booted, but another guy in our room was too, just for verifying that he had seen them also. We all ended up leaving - HORRIBLE place, gross and rude!!!!

Camping Serenissima

Venice, Italy

As far as locations outside Venice, this one is really easy to get to - a definite plus! On the down side, the campsite resturant was not open yet and the market is pretty limited, so finding something to eat without going into town is not easy. Otherwise - it is a campsite, you are going to be outdoors and the showers etc. are open air (quite chilly in the mornings!) but well kept. I did get quite a few bug bites, even with spray, but that's not surprising really. The staff was great :)

I reserved an 8 bed dorm and was pleasently surprised to find that the beds were spread through 3 rooms (each with their own bathroom) in more of a suite style :) It was clean and quite nice, but the kitchen was pretty limited. Walking to the old town or train station was pretty easy, although there isn't too much just around the hostel. Staff was there, but not very helpful. No suggestions on places to eat or what to see, mostly just there to check you in,

The staff here are really exceptional - they try really hard to make sure that you have a great stay and are super helpful! Gardens is a pretty good hostel, although it's quite out of the way from town which can be annoying if you want to go out at night (trams stop at 1:30, shuttle stops at midnight, and it's a huge hill to walk up without the shuttle!) It's also a HUGE hostel, the biggest I've ever stayed in, which means it's easy to get lost in.

I loved Nice and I really enjoyed staying at Saint Exupery! It's a fairly big hostel but I was still able to feel like I was at home, I always saw people whom I recognized and could chat with, both guests and staff. The staff was really amazing, expecially Sarah and Christian who were super helpful and even when they were busy or dealing with difficult guests were able to help me out and recommended great places to go/things to do. I would never wanted to leave and would definitely be back!

Fabrizzio's Petit

Barcelona, Spain

I really enjoyed my stay in Barcelona, greatly in part because the hostel was so good! The location wasn't the best as you had a decent walk or metro ride to get to most of the sights, and the directions to the hostel definitely need some work, but the staff was excellent and the hostel was clean and easy to hang out in. Thanks for the great stay!

It's definitely a party hostel, so don't go if you're looking for an early night, but otherwise oasis was great! The staff is really friendly and helpful and the location is great!

I was immediately won over when one of the staffs dog was there to welcome me, but even without him I would have enjoyed my stay. The staff was fantastic and the location is great - only drawbacks were a lack of power outlets in the room, and it would have been nice to have a couple more showers. Otherwise, great hostel! Thank you!

Great stay, again. Thanks!

It's a bit difficult to navigate the medina (old town) in Tangier to find the melting pot, but once you get there the staff is absurdly helpful, the breakfast is good, the place is clean (even during remodel) and the only thing I could ask for would be extra bathrooms - thanks!

The Spot Central Hostel

Seville, Spain

Enjoyed my stay, thank you

HI - Faro Youth Hostel

Faro, Portugal

My first arrival here was to be told off by a receptionist for ringing the doorbell too many times (I rang again when ingot no answer) so I was immediately turned off. Admittedly, the other staff was better, but everything about the place seemed too controlled for a youth hostel that likely caters to a free spirited clientele. Breakfast was so-so, cleanliness fine, and security so good that even the guests have troube getting in - not fun in the rain. Stay elsewhere if you can.

• 4th Apr 2013

Lisbon Soul Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Staff was super nice and, once you found it (find and follow the tram rails) the location was good. My only complaint was that the top bunks are a bit close to the ceiling so if you're tall watch your head!

Oporto Invictus Hostel

Porto, Portugal

I had a great stay, the staff was friendly and helpful, the kitchen was good for cooking, and invictus had the best showers I've ever found in a hostel :)

Bada Bing Hostel Istanbul

Istanbul, Turkey

I had a great time it Bada Bing .The guys who own/work there are really nice and helpful. The location as a bit tricky to find the first time as it's not in any of the main tourist areas, but it's in a great location to have everything in walking distance (more or less, the tram is close too) the biggest drawback of my stay was a group of 30 or so loud, rude students who managed to use all of the hot water, also, water pressure in the showers is weak - but overall a great stay.

• 13th Mar 2013

St Christopher's Village

I was only there for one night, and I ended up with a bad roommate who probably tainted my opinion of the place. I thought it was so-so, finding my room was a but of a maze, but that's just quirky old buildings. Bathrooms were not great, and the beds were quite loud, but overall it wasn't terrible even if it wasn't great. The staff was really friendly and had I stayed longer I would have (I think) enjoyed the adjacent pub, it looked pretty popular anyways.

• 26th Feb 2013