Reviews: lol504

Location: Ireland, Gender: Female, Age: 32

El Viajero Cartagena Hostel

Cartagena, Colombia

Nice hostel with big courtyard for meeting people.

Its a good hostel for a night, quite small and cramped, but the staff are lovely and theres a nice balcony whoch looks over the garden and street.

Ive stayed in this hostl three times now. It has a great pool area with bar at the weekend. A lovely chilled courtyard with hammocks. Clean rooms awith large lockers at the bottom of the beds. Free Salsa and Yoga!! One of my favourite hostels of my trip so far.

Hostel El Encuentro

Guatape, Colombia

This hostel and its location is just beautiful. Its a great place to escape to from the city of Medellin for a few days. You have a wonderful view to the Large Rock (cant remember its name) and of the lake, its just stunning. You can also rent bicycles to the rock, but make sure you put sunscreen on as its a tough cycle and by the time we got there we were burned. Its only a 5 minute walk to the town also, so remember to buy your breakfast, as they only have coffee on offer in the hostel.

Tiger Paw Hostel

Medellin, Colombia

This hostel is in a great location right in the heart of the city very close to Parque Lleras and only a 10 min walk to the metro. The hostel has a bar so if you want a quite nights sleep, probably best to go elsewhere. The staff are lovely and helpful and they have really cheap breakfast and lunch offers which is great when your on a budget. The beds are very comfortable also.

Black Sheep Hostel Medellin

Medellin, Colombia

This hostel has a really good atmosphere, staff and facilities. Its in the Patio Bonito area which is very safe also and close to the metro.

Only stayed a night as I was catching a flight to Colombia the next day, so this was the perfect hosel to stay in if you want to be close to the airport. Its on a main road and theres nothing to do round there and doesnt seem 100% safe, the nearest shop/marlet is 9 blocks away, so i ust walked down the road until I found a liitle off the street shop and got food there. Wifi is very good, breakfast also very good and hot water in the showers.

Quechua Inn

Sucre, Bolivia

Casona Potosi Hostal

Potosi, Bolivia

Hostel Lao

Mendoza, Argentina

This is a great hostel and one of my favourites on my trip so far. The sitting room area is big and spacious, theres a big garden with hammocks, a lovely dog called Margerita and the owners are very helpful and nice. Its close to the centre and the bus station also.

America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Loved this hostel!! More like a hotel than a hostel.Great chill out area, informative staff, really clean facilities (the clean your room and make your bed everyday). There is also a helpful board that has Things to Do, on it for each day. In San Telmo and very close to the Sunday San Telmo Market and Florida st (the main shopping and cambio street). There is also a great bar right across the street' La Puerta Roja. wifi doesnt always work in your room, but works perfectly everywhere else.

You rock!!!! Thanks a lot

Terranova Hostel

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Im not sure if it was because its low season, but as a girl travellin on my own i did not enjoy my stay here. it was full of old men and my room was very dingy and dark and the men slept during the day, so i felt uncomfortable going into the room. The place did not seem that clean and the computers were not good. I could not get wifi on my phone at all... The patio area is nice.

El Galope Horse Farm

Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

If you want to get away from it all, this is the place to go. Their horses are beautiful and i realy enjoed my day riding on their farm. The kitchen-chill out area is lovely an homly. The rooms are great and have hot water in the showers. its far from he town and you need to get a taxi eachtime you want to go in which costs 8 Dollars. you can catch a bus to colonia from the neareast town. its a beautiful picturesque place and I really enjoed my time there.

Pocitos Hostel

Montevideo, Uruguay

Pocitos is in a really good and safe location. You can cycle to the old town in 40 mins along the promenade which is great and is only a 5 min walk from the beach. it also close to the bus station Tres Cruces, which is very handy,

Hostel Porto do Sol

Porto Alegre, Brazil

I was only on a stop over in Porto Alegre before heading to Montevideo so only had one night here, but the rooms were very noisy as the hostel is on the main road, they had all the windows open throughout the hostel which made it very cold. Breakfast was ok and location close to the bus station which is good. The owner and hostel workers were very friendly and helpful.

Iguassu Guest House

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

I stayed in Iguassu Guest House for two nights while I took trips to see the falls. The staff were very helpful, facilities very clean and location great as the bus to the Brasil side of the falls was just around the corner... there is also a very good all you can eat a block away, for 22.50 Reais you will be full for a week! The pool area is lovely and it also has a bar and pool table.

Sampa Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

I only stayed one night but found the hostel clean and safe, the staff were very helpful and is very close to a really cool graffito lane.

Samba Green Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I loved my time in Samba Green. The staff were so friendly and helpful and put me at ease straight away on how safe the area was. Decio and Carlos (the owners) went out of their way to introduce me to Brasilian food, culture and the rest of the staff took me out one of the nights to lapa which was great fun. Its very clean and very close to Copacobana. I highly recommend staying here.