Hostel Waka Waka, Marrakech

Marrakech, Morocco

Bit misleading on website as I booked for a 4 bed dorm and they don't have any. Had a cold shower and paid for my washing, but they dont have a dryer so I had to repack it damp. Other than that pretty good hostel, close to the square even tho the walk seems dodgy at night. Endless amounts of tea and shisha served to us in the lounge so a nice place to meet people.

• 12th Dec 2013

Riad Verus

Fez, Morocco

Apart from the cold showers (they specifically advertise hot showers on this page!) The hostel was lovely. Beautiful rooms, esp the girls dorm, and nice terrace. Staff were helpful and would walk to pick you up if you get too lost. We did the cooking class which was fun, but neither of the chef/teachers spoke any English, so was more miming than a lesson. But the end result of food was delish. Breakfast was great.

• 8th Dec 2013

Casa Caracol

Cadiz, Spain

Great hostel, lovely staff, really high bunks! Good living areas with free breakfast pancakes! Learnt to make paella and ate with all the guests in the hostel. Easy to find and close to everything as Cadiz is small. Would recommend to friends

• 4th Dec 2013

The Garden Backpacker

Seville, Spain

This was a great hostel that I was recommended by a friend. The free sangria every night was great, as it meant you were able to meet other travellers - perfect as I was solo. The free city tour a were aweseome, especially Medi, he kept us laughing the whole time, but I learnt heaps. Staff were lovely and helpful. Nice n close to city, and quiet. Would def recommend and stay again.

• 30th Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

This was the best hostel I have stayed at by far, especially as a solo traveler. The social areas were great to meet people, the bar is nice and small and has free tapas with drinks some nights. The breakfasts were nice, the rooms clean, and not too loud even when people are partying downstairs. The walking tours were great, and the staff were all lovely and helpful. Definitely have recommended this place to all my friends who are passing through Granada. Thanks Oasis guys!

• 23rd Nov 2013

Be Mar Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Good hostel, nice and close to town. Asked a few times for them to fix the lock on the bathroom door of a mixed bed dorm, but they never did. It's not fun being walked in on in the shower! Other than that nice and chilled, was low season so quiet in the hostel, not the most social that I've been to as a solo traveller.

• 16th Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

This hostel was ok. I think it would be a lot better in summer. We were there when it was really cold, and the social areas were freezing. One is outdoors - more of a car port with couches, and the other is in the attic. Luckily we were able to have some hot home made soup made by the hostel for very cheap. The rooms were ok, but cold again, and smelt a little like food as room mates had been cooking. This also means people are more likely to eat in their own rooms not social areas.

• 14th Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

Hi and thanks for your comment! Yes, both the hostel and the city have more life in summer time, we hope you can come back and enjoy it in the future! If in your next visit you find your room cold, please come to reception and we will make sure you know how to adjust the temperature with the electrical heating. See you soon!

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

It was a great stay at the hostel, but I think some rules regarding quiet in the rooms should have been enforced. You have 4 lounges, but people still insisted on drinking and partying in their rooms late.

• 1st Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

Oh no! Sorry you had to share your room with the dreaded 'room partier', that's not cool! Drinking and partying in the rooms is a no no, as stated on the sign on the back of the door! You should've come and told us, we would've guided them to the awesome common areas to continue their party...Hope you otherwise enjoyed your stay!

Five Reasons Hostel

Nuremberg, Germany

I really enjoyed this hostel. It was very clean, nice big rooms with a table in the middle to socialise with your room mates. It was pretty close to railway station and old town too as it is within the city walls. There was room to socialise downstairs where you could have a beer or a hot drink. Clean bathrooms etc. I'd stay here again.

• 29th Sep 2013