This is not in the center of london -- about 20 minutes away by tube, however, if you don't mind the commute, it is very easy to get to and from the city center. If you are a female traveling alone, I would recommend you stay in the all-female dorm, however, because the people that stay here are mostly men. The staff is exceptional and it is a very safe place.

Sleephere

Brussels, Belgium

I had a ridiculously comfortable and relaxing stay here. This is like your home away from home. Everyone is friendly and the space is beautiful.

Snuffel Backpacker Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

If you want to meet friendly backpackers and staff - stay at Snuffel. If you want a very clean and very comfortable stay, Snuffel may not be the place. For me, though, the good certainly outweighed the bad: I met tons of amazing people and thoroughly enjoyed the social atmosphere here. I would definitely stay here again. Just don't expect the most comfortable beds or pillows, or the cleanest bathrooms. And as I'm sure you've read, you have to go through the bar to get to the showers! ;-)

Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen

Amsterdam, Netherlands

This is one of those huge hostels with tons of people staying at once. The dorms are pretty cramped, and the common area is small and not the best place to meet people. However, the location is great and the place has what you need.

Heart of Gold Hostel

Berlin, Germany

A nice place to stay in Berlin! It's a huge hostel with tons of people staying there, so you are bound to make friends. The staff is cool, probably not the friendliest I've ever met, but you will be well provided for.

Mundo Hostel

Krakow, Poland

This hostel was surprisingly incredible! The place itself is a home away from home-- beautiful and clean. Incredibly friendly staff (seriously, all of them were amazing) and the breakfast was some of the best I'd ever had. If you're going to Krakow, GO HERE. Also, a very short walk to the old town square. I highly recommend this hostel.

Hostel Miles

Prague, Czech Republic

The location and security of this hostel is very good. It is a place where you can have a peaceful sleep in a comfortable room. If you are looking for a place to meet people or be social, however, this hostel doesn't exactly provide that. Nevertheless, safety and location-wise this hostel was definitely up to par.

MEININGER Salzburg City Center

Salzburg, Austria

Everything was great about this hostile expect for the location and the atmosphere. It's more of a hotel, so the long dark hallways don't really help it feel like a community, but in fact pretty isolated. The location is also definitely not ideal, unless you enjoy riding the bus to and from town. Other than that it was a very pleasant and clean stay with super helpful staff and very nice showers. :)

Hello! Thank you for your comment! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We indeed are a mix of a hotel and a hostel that is why the atmosphere is slightly different from a typical hostel, but still somehow unique. We would also be pleased to welcome you here in Salzburg or in any other MEININGER again in the future! Best wishes Your MEININGER Salzburg Team

Hostel Ruthensteiner

Vienna, Austria

This hostel was really exactly what you want in a hostel. All the amenities, awesome atmosphere, super safe, fun when you want to take advantage of the social aspect but quiet if you want to sleep. I would highly recommend this!

A Venice Fish

Venice, Italy

I had one of my best hostel experiences at A Venice Fish! The hostel itself has everything you need, as one might expect, but what separates this hostel from others is its unique location, atmosphere and character. If you are going to Venice, you MUST stay here to get the most out of your time there!

Hostella Female Only

Rome, Italy

Hostella is a great place for girls to go - especially If you're traveling solo - to meet other nice woman! It's a very friendly Environment and the facilities are quite good As well. I would only say the location is not ideal -- so just get used to doing a lot of walking. Termini is close by so metro is obviously a possibility - just a bit sketchy at night if your alone! Food around the hostel isn't amazing and the area isn't exactly pretty, but if you're ok with that then I recommend it!

Hostel Oki Doki

Warsaw, Poland

I wish I spent more time in Warsaw so that I could have stayed at this hostel longer! I would highly recommend this hostel to people trying to meet other people, or someone simply looking for a comfortable stay. The only trouble is that the wifi doesn't work in the rooms - only the common rooms.