Ocean Beach Backpackers

Perth, Australia

If I knew the girl's name who was working when I checked out I would definitely give her a lot of credit because she was the only friendly staff member I met there. The one checking me in came across as being miserable. The location was good -- set nice and close to the beach. The rooms were filthy! I'm happy my fan wasn't required as it was caked in dust. Also, they say no noise after 11 in the common area but people were screaming til early hours of the morning. Made for very little sleep.

• 10th Jun 2013

Melaleuca On Mitchell

Darwin, Australia

My room was on the bottom floor and my blinds were broken so my room was completely visible to the parking lot. Very busy when I stayed but staff could have smiled a bit more. Lots of energy from other guests loving the beautiful weather. Great pool area! A bonus: housekeeping cleaning your room daily!

• 5th Jun 2013

Travellers Oasis

Cairns, Australia

An absolutely amazing hostel! The staff were so friendly, helpful and accommodating! My room was spotless, as was the rest of the hostel. Two kitchens available (great idea!) and barbeque! Even though there is so much to do and see in Cairns, just spending a day hanging around the hostel was a treat in itself. Thanks for an unforgettable time in Cairns! Will definitely be recommending this hostel to many other travellers :)

• 31st May 2013

Nomads Byron Bay

Byron Bay, Australia

Great location for a hostel. Very expensive for private room but bonus that the room and ensuite were large. Hallways looked quite dirty. Renovations being done but should look great in the end!

• 24th May 2013