Location: New Zealand, Gender: Male, Age: 29

Nomadas

Merida, Mexico

Good location. Awesome pool and plenty of hammocks. The staff were really helpful with all of my questions and made me feel very welcome even when I arrived early in the morning from the overnight bus. Would definitely stay again.

• 18th Jun 2014

Mexico City Hostel

Mexico City, Mexico

It was quite quiet while we were there so there was no atmosphere at all. In saying that there isn't a proper common room for socialising. Sort of just a hallway with a couple of couches. Rooms were really decent and clean. The location is great right near the main cathedral in central mexico city.

• 27th May 2014

Hostel Tequila Backpackers

Guadalajara, Mexico

The staff were very helpful and didn't charge me the balance of my bill as a gesture of apology for the problems I had. The room we were in was extremely hot at night and we had an issue with mosquitoes. Fans were provided the next night which made a huge difference. My personal belonging were moved out of my locked locker without being informed. Also my key unlocked multiple lockers in the room. The hostel is now aware of this and i was told they would rectify this issue. Otherwise not a bad.

• 21st May 2014
  • New Zealand

We are sorry about this unfortunate incident, and we do apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you. Not charging you was the least we could do for not meeting the expectations of proper hostel service. I would like to mention though, rearrangements to the lockers have been made to make sure this won't happen again. Safe travels. -Juan Carlos Orendain Hostel Tequila Backpacker – Guadalajara /General Manager

Vallarta Sun Hostel

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

The staff on during the day were great and helpful. Unfortunately this was the opposite at night. Dorm rooms were decent and had aircon. There are not a lot of other options for hostel accomodation in the area but straight people should be aware that this hostel is located in the heart of the gay district.

• 18th May 2014
  • New Zealand

Thanks for posting a review and for staying with us! We are glad you mentioned and enjoyed cooling off with the AC in your dorm room. We also have a great swimming pool, we hope you got to enjoy that too! Our location is only a block from the beach and around the corner from great restaurants, bars, shops and many events. Your stay was during Gay Pride so you got to experience an event that is part of what makes Vallarta so diverse and interesting! We hope you'll stay with us again.

Funky Monkey Hostel

Mazatlan, Mexico

Had a really great time at this hostel. Salem the owner went out of his way to make us feel welcome and even arranged an awesome day trip for us and other guests to the local water park. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to other backpackers. Cheers again!

• 10th May 2014
  • New Zealand

Thanks Aaron, it was my pleasure taking you all to the water park. Take care and I hope you can return one day.

Ensenada Backpacker

Ensenada, Mexico

The staff here were really friendly and very helpful! My dorm was clean and comfortable. Only a 5min walk to central Ensenada

• 15th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Awesome location, right in the center of downtown. Can't beat the burger and a beer deal for $6 in the beaver bar downstairs. Good rooms and beds. Please replace the pillows they are terrible. Best thing about the hostel is the daily activities and events in the bar. Steph does a great job at organising these. All of the staff are super friendly and helpful. Have extended my stay for 2 weeks. Would recommend to everyone!

• 11th Jan 2014

M Montreal

Montreal, Canada

New Years party was great. Thank you. I was in a 6 bed dorm. Good sized clean room. Lockers are not big enough for your whole pack but big enough for your valuables. Helpful and friendly staff. 2min walk to the metro. Would stay again

• 30th Dec 2013

Planet Traveler

Toronto, Canada

Located in a cool area just outside of the city. 10min walk to the metro. In a 6 bed dorm rooms were good. Not enough places to sit and chill in the downstairs common room at night. Staff were helpful but often seemed really busy like they had too much going on. Would stay again

• 28th Dec 2013
  • New Zealand

Massive hostel with multiple common areas and rooms to hang out. Good dorm rooms. Friendly atmosphere with very helpful staff. Loved the 24/7 concierge desk. 1 min walk to the metro where you can access all of Manhatten. Only negative is the no drinking in the hostel rule.... for me this was the first time I have come across a place with this rule and I have stayed in HI hostels right across Europe.

• 3rd Dec 2013

St Christopher's Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

Love St Christopher's! The best location!

• 14th Nov 2013

We love you too!!!

AWA Festa Brava

Andorra la Vella, Andorra

Nice cheap hotel. Good location.

• 13th Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

Good wifi. Everything else was good. No complaints but hard to justify the 43€ for a dorm bed.

• 9th Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

Great hostel! I stay in St Christophers when ever I can in Europe. Good food in the restaurant. Nice bar. Massive lockers for all your gear in the rooms. Wifi was a bit on/off while I was there but apparently they are in the process of fixing this.

• 6th Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

Hi, Thanks a lot for your feedback. We can learn a lot from your experiences so we really appreciate you took the time to reply. We are really happy to see you had a great time with us. If you do have any ideas of what we could do to make things even better we would love to know. We really want to be the best hostel we can be and are always looking to improve, so we genuinely will look forward to hearing your reply. Kind Regards, Your St Christopher’s Team Paris.

Luxembourg City Hostel

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

Good restaurant, standard rooms. Friendly helpful staff. Just no social atmosphere while i was there.

• 4th Nov 2013

MEININGER Amsterdam City West

Amsterdam, Netherlands

A lot of families and big groups come through here. This is the place where bucks parties etc come when they are not allowed in other hostels. Not really a place for solo travellers. You have to take the train one stop to city centre. Not really an issue though as they run frequently. Rooms are decent with medium size lockers. Good Wifi. Only one washing machine and dryer for a hostel that can hold hundreds of guests.

• 25th Oct 2013

Circus Hostel

Berlin, Germany

I would definitely stay again.

• 23rd Oct 2013

Charles Bridge Economic Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

Big spacious rooms, good location. Just didn't have a real social vibe at all. Free coffee!

• 17th Oct 2013

Believe-it-or-Not

Vienna, Austria

A nice change from the big commercial hostels. Somewhere you can relax and feel at home. Everything is included! Would definitely stay again. Thank you so much again Lily!

• 13th Oct 2013

Antares Hostel

Nice, France

This is actually just a hotel with some hostel rooms. Good location right next to the main train station. The wine and spaghetti night was good however the wine is terrible but for 3€ it was definitely worth it. Overall it is a good place to stay but it is just missing the social vibe of other hostels

• 17th Sep 2013

Emerald Fields

Florence, Italy

Good location close to the train station. Nice small hostel with mostly private rooms. Meet some other great travellers here. Staff on day shift weren't the friendliest. Having to vacate the hostel for cleaning during the day was a little frustrating.

• 9th Sep 2013

Francesco's

Ios, Greece

Loved this place! Perfect location around all the restaurants and bars. Close to the bus stop to get down to Far Out Beach for parties during the day. The fun atmosphere around the hostel is great and the staff organise social gatherings every night. Awesome for meeting new people. If 'm every back in Ios I will definitely stay here again.

• 25th Aug 2013
  • New Zealand

Amazing location. I was in an expensive private room but it was worth it after reading the reviews about the cheaper options. This place is for the sole purpose of partying. If im ever back again I would stay here and cough up the $$$ for the good rooms. Heaps of fun!

• 23rd Aug 2013

Athens Backpackers

Athens, Greece

The roof top bar doesn't really live up to the hype but has a good view. Good location close to the metro and a heap of restaurants and bars. I was in a six bed dorm. The lockers aren't big enough for your bag so the room got quite cluttered. You have to go all the way down to reception to pick up the air con remote to adjust or turn it on and then return it. Bit of a mission from the higher floors. Breakfast was good and the staff were always helpful.

• 20th Aug 2013

Shangri-Lagos Hostel

Lagos, Portugal

Great atmosphere! Awesome for a party and to meet new people. Mumsie and the rest of the staff are helpful and fun. My room was in one of the buildings across the street from the main hostel. The only negative was there was no air con and I couldnt open the windows to let fresh air in as it opened straight onto the street. A fan was provided but it just blew hot air around. I would definitely come back but just request another room.

• 14th Aug 2013

Yes! Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Awesome! They just manage to get every aspect of hostel accommodation right! Would definitely stay again.

• 9th Aug 2013

Yo-Ho-Hostel

Varna, Bulgaria

Excellent location. Good helpful staff. Meet heaps of great people here. The common area and small smoking balcony can get a little crowded but still isn't really an issue. Only real negative is the bathrooms are terribly small and is basically only a toilet cubicle with a shower head plugged in off the sink. I would stay here again though.

• 5th Aug 2013

Pura Vida Beach Hostel

Vama Veche, Romania

Everything was great except for the lack of cleaning. For 3 days the floors were not cleaned in the room.

• 4th Aug 2013

Kismet Dao Hostel

Brasov, Romania

Great staff. Great place.

• 31st Jul 2013

Hedonist Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

Great helpful staff! Awesome friendly atmosphere to chill out and meet new people. Loved the BBQ nights :)

• 27th Jul 2013

Old Town Hostel East Wing

Kotor, Montenegro

Ended up extending my stay to nearly a week here. Great hostel! Easy to meet and mingle for solo travellers. Fun and helpful staff. Ross is a champion!

• 12th Jul 2013
  • New Zealand

Marko and Martin are by far the most welcoming and helpful hosts I have come across in my travels! Excellent location. You won't be disappointed!

• 9th Jul 2013

STF Vandrarhem Stigbergsliden

Gothenburg, Sweden

Clean and tidy. Split over two buildings. Couldn't get the WiFi to work in the building I was in but it was fine next door. Location wasn't the best but you could still walk to the CBD in 15-20 min. Just didn't have any character or atmosphere. If all you need is a bed though this place will suit you just fine.

• 26th May 2013

Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Big hostel with great shared common areas. Really fun city to go out in!

• 16th Apr 2013

365 Inn

Beijing, China

Stayed in a 2 bed dorm. Good clean rooms. Heating wss good. Nice hot showers. Had a great first night in the bar/restaurant downstairs. Unfortunately for me the next day they started renovations and I was woken by the sound of jackhammering. This continued all week. These renovations are suppose to take approx one month. If you like to sleep in I would avoid until after completion. Otherwise a great hostel!

• 3rd Mar 2013

Hong Kong Inn

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Bathroom and shower needs repair and to be cleaned.

• 28th Feb 2013