Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 28

RC Miguel Angel

Madrid, Spain

Overall, this place was pretty nice. It's in a perfect location. I was a bit disappointed with the facilities and the room. I felt like I was using someon else's bedroom. It doesn't have the hotel feel that many nice hostels have. Breakfast was disappointing: bread, cereal and warm cheese. The wifi kept disconnecting and was very slow. The staff is nice and very helpful.

Living Lounge Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

This place was nice. Seems new and modern. I wish the wifi worked better in the rooms and it was very loud. If I'd known this was a party hostel, I wouldn't have stayed here. It would be much nicer if they had some quiet hours. It's also all hard wood floors, so things echo badly. You can hear someone showering all the way down the hall. Breakfast was mediocre: bread, butter, cheese and cold/ hard crepes.

Just an extra note to add to this comment. The crepes could be cold but besides bread butter and cheese ,there was different types of compots, nutella, 4 different types of juice ,cereals, milk, coffee and tea. So basically you had more choice that you refer...

Hotel the Moon

Brussels, Belgium

This hotel was mediocre. The bathroom was moldy and smelled horrible. The wifi bandwidth isn't big enough for the number of guests. They don't use fitted sheets, so your sheets come off the bed when you sleep. Breakfast is a joke. Powdered milk, cereal, cheese that's been sitting out for hours, bread- no toaster, and coffee. It's pretty bad. They also make you leave your key at the front desk which I don't like...I'd rather leave a deposit and be able to keep my key with me.

Hotel Jupiter

Amsterdam, Netherlands

This hotel was pretty nice. It's in a great location and the room was nice. The shower is strange in that there is no curtain and its just open to the whole bathroom. They don't use fitted sheets which bugs me and breakfast was not good at all. Wifi worked very well in the room.

Pyjama Park Hotel & Hostel

Hamburg, Germany

This hostel is in a great location. They have a restaurant attached and a nice patio. They need better wifi...it's not big enough for all of the guests and doesn't work after 7 pm. They also need city maps. One of the ladies at the front desk told me they stopped giving out maps because they are *going to start* group tours. 1- they shouldn't get rid of the maps until the tours are set up and 2- I would still want a map even if I did a tour...faulty logic on their part.

This place was very plain. It's a couple of rooms with a bathroom & refrigerator. It's part of a cafe which is a bit strange. The wifi works well & it's a 13 minute walk to the Old Town. Breakfast is a tiny sandwich & the rooms are very sparce. My room only had two beds & a light in it. They charge you for linen which does not include a towel...that's crazy now days. Very expensive for the money. The showers need hooks to keep clothes dry so you can change there instead of back in your room.

Old Town Munkenhof

Tallinn, Estonia

This hostel was pretty average. It's in a great location and the wifi works well in the room. It's very, very loud. Doorbell ringing, doors slamming, people walking. You can hear conversations on the floor above and below you. Adding some rugs or carpet would go a long way to muffling the sound. If you stay here, bring ear plugs to sleep.

This hostel was pretty good. They do a good job of keeping it quiet at night. It's in a great location for the Old Town and the bus station! I do think 4 Lats/$8 for laundry is too expensive. The showers could drain better.

Thanks for the positive review... we would just like to point out again that we offer many FREE services that most hostels don't. We do not have extra charges for anything except printing services and laundry. The laundry facilities have been added for the convenience of customers. Safe Travels.

Hotel Vilnius Europolis

Vilnius, Lithuania

I was really disappointed in this place. I was here over my bday & wanted to spend a little more to celebrate. When I pick a hotel I expect it to be nicer than a hostel -not the case here. The AC is central- you can't control it in your room. They kept it hot - ended up having to open the window anyway. The sheets don't tuck into the bed which is a pain. Wifi worked well but too far from the sights & public transport doesn't go that way. Breakfast was ok, they ran out of food & didn't make more

PuffaHostel

Warsaw, Poland

This hostel was pretty good. They really need to provide directions on how to get there using public transportation. I emailed them to ask about it and all they gave me was the name of the closest bus stop...no info on which bus to take or how many stops...very frustrating.

Premium Hostel

Krakow, Poland

This hostel is very average. There is nothing special about it. It's kind of far away from the sights and their tours are very expensive. You can do them on your own for much cheaper. The positive things are you get your own bathroom and the wifi works well in the rooms. The hostel is located on the corner of a busy road, so it's very loud in the morning. Especially since they don't have air conditioning so you need to leave your windows open.

Prague Lion Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

This place was ok. Nothing special. The wifi worked in the room so that was nice. I wish they had AC or screens on the windows. It was so hot, but we couldn't leave the windows open at night because of Mosquitos. Thin walls too so a bit noisy.

Budapest Budget Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

This hostel is a bit away from the sights. They also don't give you a towel which is ridiculous. The rooms are a bit noisy because there is no insulation in the walls. The showers dont drain well. Overall, I would stay here again because its a good value for the money.

Patio Hostel

Bratislava, Slovakia

This place was great! It's in a perfect location to see the sights. I do wish the wifi worked better and the rooms are a little loud, but it's an old building so it probably doesn't have much insulation in the walls.

Guesthouse BaKul

Vienna, Austria

This place was great! It's a small apartment with 4 bedrooms and one bathroom. There was only one other person there when I stayed. It's a little far from the sights, but its a quick 10 minute walk to the metro station. I really liked that the wifi worked well and it was very quiet to sleep.

MEININGER Salzburg City Center

Salzburg, Austria

This place was ok. It lacks a lot of the charm that some of the smaller hostels have. It's very corporate. It's also pretty far from the Old Town and there aren't many places to eat near it.

Hello! Thank you for your comment. As a mix between a hotel and a hostel we indeed do not offer the classical hostel atmosphere. We are not sure what you mean by lack of places to eat nearby, as there are 4 restaurants and a McDonald´s within 5 minutes walking distance. Maybe you can try some of them the next time you decide to stay with us. Best wishes Your MEININGER Salzburg Team

Hotel Basilea Dipendenza

Venice, Italy

This place was horrible! They don't have Internet...the guy will tell you that it needs to be repaired, but if you look at other reviews on here, you'll see that it's been that way for months. They messed up our room- my brother and I were supposed to have twin beds and they gave us a king. I was even willing to make them into separate beds with twin sheets, but he told me they don't have those. They also don't have AC and the breakfast is watery milk and stale bread. Do not stay here!

• 4th Jun 2013

Hostel 24

Ljubljana, Slovenia

This hostel was pretty good. The staff was very helpful, but they got our room mixed up twice. Also, our bathroom wasn't very clean and they have a tiny rickety spiral staircase to the second floor. It's quite difficult to use when youre carrying your bags. It's in a great location though so I would stay here again.

• 3rd Jun 2013
  • Globetrotter

This hostel was very nice. It's in a perfect location in the old town. The wifi works well in the rooms and the beds are very comfortable. I'm a little disappointed that our room didn't have a refrigerator. Other than that, it was amazing.

• 1st Jun 2013

Montenegro Hostel Budva

Budva, Montenegro

This hostel is in a great location within the Old Town. I was disappointed that the apartments are in a separate building with no wifi. Also, the towels are tiny...hand towel size in America. The beds need new mattresses. The kitchen needs more equipment: toaster, pans, hot pads, etc. it has an electric hot plate, but no pan to use.

• 30th May 2013

Pandream Hotel Apartments

Paphos, Cyprus

This was a very nice place. It's in a great location for tourists. Short walk to the beach and a 15 minute walk to the harbor and main area. They DO NOT offer breakfast unless you book your stay directly through them...their webpage on hostelworld is a bit misleading. The kitchen facilities are a bit rustic too.

• 26th May 2013

Kydonia Rooms

Chania, Greece

This place was ok. It's in a great location, but I wasn't that impressed with the facilities or the cleanliness of the room. The staff was a little weird too. We left around 10 in the morning and went to leave the key on the desk. The man walked out in what looked like his underwear...just a little strange.

• 25th May 2013

Manos Studios Hotel

Heraklion, Greece

This place was very nice. The staff was very helpful. They waited for us since our ferry was late and they helped arrange cabs and tourist directions. I wish it was closer into town and that the wifi worked in the rooms.

Santorini Breeze Studios

Santorini, Greece

This was a great place to stay. 10 minute walk to the beach.

Gagarin Hostel

Kiev, Ukraine

This hostel is great! Very new with several bathrooms and super nice staff. Nice rooms with lost of space and lockers. About a 5 minute walk from the nearest metro and the metro is very easy to navigate.

Dear Guest! We were delighted to welcome you at Gagarin Hostel! Thank you for joining us! Looking forward to see you again and all the best for you! Gagarin Hostel Team

Apple Hostel Italy

St Petersburg, Russia

This hostel is in a great location! Kate and Irina are awesome. If Kate checks you in, don't let her impeccable English fool you into thinking the rest of St. Petersburg is the same way...it's not. I was in Apple Hostel 2 which is around the corner. It had 2 bathrooms- each with a shower, sink, and toilet. The showers don't always drain well, but that's easily fixed. Both toilets sit up on a raised platform about 6 inches off the floor. Not a problem unless your short bc your feet dangle.