YHA York

York, England

Bad cleanliness rating BECAUSE there is no soap in the dorm washrooms which means to the public health nurse in me, that all those school groups of kids staying here aren't washing their hands with soap after using the toilet. YUCK. Fecal/oral transmissions folks. I mentioned this several times and was told we were expected To bring our own soap. First time I've ever heard of that.

St Christopher's Oasis

stayed in women's dorm down the street from main dorm. Up four flights of narrow steps, no fire escape route other than the narrow steps. Felt like I was in a fire trap. Also and this is the biggie, the phone that connected this off shoot of a dorm wasn't up and running. So any problems, had to be dealt with four flights of stairs and a hike down the several blocks to the main dorm. FIX THE BLASTED PHONE FOLKS. Also staff although extremely nice didn't have knowledge about area's transportation.

Hey there, Thanks for taking the time and leaving us your feedback. Sorry that you think that the main hostel, which is a 2min walk down the street, is too far off. We also wish we could combine both locations, but we unfortunately can't. The courtesy phone is now fixed again. Our hostel is approved by an official fire inspector and meets all fire safety regulations. We wish you all the best in future travels and hope to see you back soon. Thanks again, St. Christopher's Team.

Hello I'm Local Boutique Hostel

Haarlem, Netherlands

review #2. great place, have nothing but good things to say about it. Amsterdam was full up, someone suggested Haarlem and it was perfect: no crowds, great town, access to an incredible beach. All in all perfect. The hostel is more like a small family run hotel than a hostel. Very clean and brand new when I was there. It will only get better.

Hello I'm Local Boutique Hostel

Haarlem, Netherlands

New!DIFFERENT! As in usual hostel ratings don't really apply. Truly a Boutique. Very comfie, simple, lots of love and caring put into the place. Pride in ownership. Great location,quiet.

Shelter City

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Nice location. And it was lovely and quiet. No parties, no drunks . Religion not pushed. Staff was great. woman's four bedder was up narrow steep stairs two flights. Think I would opt for the larger dorms on the ground floor next time. I would return.