Location USA,

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
Pension Ciudadela, Barcelona, Spain
11th Apr 2013

The owners of this hostel were both so nice and accommodating. Even though I spoke Spanish, they were happy to speak in English to my friends. We were reserved for a 3 person room in the main hostel, but were offered a separate apartment upstairs instead for no extra charge. I was incredibly impressed by their kindness and hospitality. The space was very clean and well-maintained, the building is in a good location not far from the beach and the metro, and I would highly recommend it.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
Astor Victoria, London, England
6.0
24th Mar 2013

This is truly the epitome of a "hostel." It definitely did the job we needed, which was simply a place to sleep, but it was quite a hectic environment. Lots of stairs, people, and noise. There were people who had been living there for weeks, and there were about 8 different languages being shouted around the breakfast room each morning. The showers were the smallest I've ever seen. Plus sides: they did have decent wifi, and a locked luggage room, and the staff was very nice.