The Local NYC

New York, USA

Probably the nicest hostel I've ever stayed at! Everything was clean and well organised. I appreciated the toilets/showers in each room. The staff at the front desk were super helpful! The location was also great - only one subway stop from Manhattan and near to Brooklyn. I'll be keeping the address for my next trip to NYC - would definitely recommend!

• 20th Jul 2014

This isn't the first time I've stayed in this hostel which says something. That being said, I feel like it's lost a bit of it's touch - the room I was in wasn't too clean and smelled of beer... I'll probably try another hostel the next time I'm in town.

• 1st Mar 2014

The MadHouse Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

Great atmosphere. I was impressed with the effort put into the new years celebrations. It's definitely a party hostel but that being said I got sick during my stay and I had no problems sleeping a bit more or not going out all the time. I would definitely come back.

• 29th Dec 2013

A&O Graz Hauptbahnhof

Graz, Austria

I had an early morning train so the location was perfect for me - not too far from the centre either. The rooms were spacious. The building looks new which adds a 'clean' impression, that being said I'm not sure the room I was in was cleaned at all during my two night stay. I was in Graz to visit friends so I can't really comment on the atmosphere of the hostel. I would definitely stay here again - good value for money.

• 27th Dec 2013

Despite the good reviews it had received we weren't that impressed. On the positive side, the location was awesome, the bed was comfortable and the host was knowledgeable and had maps/brochures to sort out what to see and do. That said, we weren't impressed with breakfast, despite the variety we didn't come to Italy to drink instant coffee and eat packaged croissants. The towels smelled awful, bathmat was non-existant and we awoke one morning to find the front door open. Would not recommend.

• 29th Oct 2013